cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRUSTRATED long time customer! Note 7 to Note 8 exchange

Journeyman

FRUSTRATED long time customer! Note 7 to Note 8 exchange

I purchased a Samsung note 7 last year (promotion was buy note 7 and get galaxy 7 edge free)and went through the whole original exchange fiasco with the phone.   After the second recall, I was told all promotions would be honored that came with phone (getting 7 edge free) and I could exchange my note for another phone.  I decided to hold onto the phone until the next note arrived instead of downgrading to another phone for 2 years. Well, we are finally at that point as Note 8 arrived.   Upon calling customer service last Saturday and spending about 2 hours on the phone, I was told I'd get a callback on this issue on following Tuesday as it was when higher ups in account services would be back.  After not receiving any call back, I called in on Friday and went through everything again.   After another couple hours on the phone,  I was told I could pay off my phones on my lines to upgrade ($100 credit given) and trade in my current phone(s) for their value. Upon explaining, again, my phone is RECALLED so I can't trade it in($0 value on market) and I shouldn't owe money on it when I turn it in,  I was put on hold so agent can talk to a manager.  The final solution was that my note can't be taken back,  so Samsung has to deal with any exchange, and I'm still going to be locked in with line that has 7 edge for another year (this promo was supposed to hold either way), so sprint did nothing to assist me with this except waste a lot of my time.    I pasted sprint note recall info below from the CURRENT sprint website.  I guess sprints own procedures are no longer being followed.  At this point, I just want to turn in my phones with sprint and be done.  Can anyone help with this as I'm completely frustrated and have wasted too much time with this.   Sprint obviously didn't want to assist a long time user of their service.

FAQs about the Samsung Galaxy Note7 recall

Last Updated: Dec 12, 2016

Samsung will release a software update beginning on January 8 that will disable all remaining Sprint Note7 devices from being able to hold a charge.

Please visit a Sprint store near you to exchange your Note7.

Make an appointment

Samsung has announced an expanded voluntary recall on all original and replacement Galaxy Note7 devices sold or exchanged in the United States in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and in partnership with carriers and retailers. Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, we are asking consumers with a Galaxy Note7 to power it down and contact the carrier or retail outlet where they purchased their device.

The Note7 is BANNED ON FLIGHTS. This includes both carry on and checked luggage. Please exchange it for another device before you fly.

Sprint will honor the replacement of ALL Sprint Samsung Note7 devices to any other device, regardless of the return policy. Customers are eligible to exchange their Note7 for any device.

Customers who opt to exchange their Note7 for another Samsung Galaxy product will receive a service credit of up to $100 on their bill within 3 invoices.

Additionally:

• All upgrade, activation, exchange and restock fees will be waived.
    • This includes replacement of any Note7 accessories.
  • All Note7 devices will be exchanged, regardless of condition.
  • Customers exchanging to a more expensive device will be responsible for any overage in price.

Make an appointment to skip the line. Walk-in appointments are also available.

Make an appointment

6 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: FRUSTRATED long time customer! Note 7 to Note 8 exchange

Champsum61, thanks for contacting us. I would like to review your account so that we can discuss your upgrade options, please respond to my private message.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

So after working with care team to get this straightened out, I am back to square one!   I received a call from the care team today to finish getting the upgrade process complete,  as I was told everything was in system to collect back note 7 and complete note 8 purchase.   3 hours later,  I was left with the fact that they couldn't take back note 7 as that had ended (had to reiterate that it had not ended and was still noted on sprints website mentioned in above post), but I also couldn't get the current note 8 flex lease promo on my line as I was previously told would be no problem! This whole process has gone backwards.   I have now spent about 7 hours on the phone,  spent time writing on here, and wasted time with the sprint store, all for nothing.   Every person I speak with changes what they can do for me and I have had to keep repeating this story to every new person I get sent to.   There is 0 consistency with sprint reps.  Sprint obviously doesn't care to keep current long time customers.  I wish there was a corporate email or phone number,  but account services supervisor said the isn't,  but he will push this issue up to the next level team.   If sprint won't take my recalled phone back as they state they are supposed to on their own website, then they need to stop charging me for it.   I don't even think they are allowed to bill me every month for a recalled phone. 

Sprint Social Care

Good Morning Mr. Summers! We have sent you a private message. Please take a look at it.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Android-Knowledge-Base/Samsung-Exclusive-Note8-Offer-to-Note7-buyers...
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Unfortunately,  the note 7 itself is not part of this offer.   As it is a recalled phone,  a trade in wouldn't be the way to go anyway.   It's supposed to be able to be returned for full value due to the fact it was recalled.  As per sprints recall notice on their site, and posted in original post,  "Sprint will honor the replacement of ALL Sprint Samsung Note7 devices to any other device, regardless of the return policy. Customers are eligible to exchange their Note7 for any device." Thanks for the response,  though.   I'm still waiting for sprint executive team to get back to me about this, and it's already a day longer than what they said it would be for this outreach.

Sprint Social Care

Hello Champsum61! We are working to resolve this for you as soon as possible. You'll be contacted with a resolution as soon as possible. Please check your message to get the last update.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.