cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Tablet- Scam

Journeyman

Re: Free Tablet- Scam

I also feel scammed with the "free" tablet offer, but because the sales rep pitched this offer as only adding $20/month to my bill for unlimited data for this tablet.  When the service first showed up on my bill, it came up as $30 per month unlimited. I called customer service, but they said I needed to visit the store I purchased the tablet at to make the correction.  Well, I visited the store and they report that there is nothing they can do. That customer service or a Corporate store are the only places that a correction could be made.

This additional $10/month overbilling means that "free" tablet is actually costing me $240 (over 2 years) that I didn't agree too.

Very frustrated with Sprint. 

Journeyman

I have posted recently on this thread about this issue, back in December i think. 

I can honestly say this was the last straw for us. We went back to Verizon. I know they are a little more expensive, honestly only by about $30 - and thats before the EXTRA "fine print" charges this issue accrued. We were with Verizon for years and years prior to. We gave Sprint a chance because of their incentives. We were again "gotten" by their charge at the end of the deal, for the Incentive for leased phones. Even though this was are fault by not looking at the "fine print", they definitely convinced us that Verizon was the better choice. So...... GOOD BYE SPRINT>FOREVER........

THANK YOU VERIZON.......FOR TAKING US BACK!!!!!!!! SORRY WE BETRAYED YOU!!!!!!!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey gentryh1. I'd be glad to take a closer look at things for you. I'm going to drop you a PM so I can get some additional info and do a little research into this. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Yeah, I was told it was free, with no disclosure about monthly device and date fees. I thought my bill was high because of other fees. It's ridiculous that this is allowed to take place without giving us a full explanation before we sign off on it. We come to Sprint to give you guys business, at least treat us with a fair experience.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I hear ya Danikerhino. I don't believe the stores were trying to pull a fast one, at least I truly hope the rep wasn't. There is a grace period, and if a customer doesn't want the line or the device, they may take it back to the point of sale. In this case, the store. When was the tablet added to your account? Are you getting the tablet for free, but still paying a monthly plan charge for the device? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

WOW, the same thing happened to me and yes im sure they are scamming people....they only tell you about the data charge after they sell you on the free ipad. it literally just happened to me when i upgraded my phone to an lg g8, which is awesome.. sprint is STILL DOING THIS. ive been a customer for well over 20 years!!!! they said the ipad would be completely free and there would be no charges for the ipad or service. then the rep insisted i also get free accessories for my phone but i didnt believe him. i told him to get it to me in writing. for some reason that was taking him FOREVER. i think they do that on purpose so you get frustrated and just leave. this was an actual sprint store as well. he gave me something quoting my normal charges and an estimate of my monthly bill which only included the xtra charges on my new lease for my new phone.  now im getting charges for monthly on the service and ipad. this is a complete scam and if sprint is giving employees incentives to scam people. i want a refund im tired of sprints poor service/ethics and i just recently got my bill lowered and these low lives didnt like that i guess. truly pathetic and annoying. 

Journeyman

GrandMaster

its a good thing none of the other carriers do this "free tablet" scam....

oh wait...

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/Bill/m-p/1104264

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/I-have-a-20-line-access-fee-for-a-WiFi-only-iPad...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364, are you trying to insinuate that its ok that Sprint does this because "others" do it as well?

I read the 2 posts that you included, which don't replicate the same "scam"-like, predator behavior Sprint is taking. One of them seeming like they bought the wrong tablet, uninformed.

I have been with Verizon for 10 years or so, and have never had the approach or phone calls for this "Promo"/Scam. I was with Sprint for 1 year when they called and harassed my wife about this "ABSOLUTELY FREE" tablet. 

There is a reason that there is an outrageous number of complaints about Sprint's Scam, and minimal about Verizon.

GrandMaster

weird seeing as how my ol lady is ALSO a Verizon customer (as is my son and step kids) and with every device upgrade they have brought this up to her..which they never once mentioned a data plan needing to be attached to it. im the one that actually mentioned this to her

the point is they ALL do the "free tablet" offers and rarely mention a data plan needing to be added to it...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Folks, I'm going to close this conversation. It had already run its course and got bumped but that person has had their concerns addressed.  If you have a new question or concern, please feel free to start a new conversation in the appropriate space.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.