cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Tablet Scam

Go to solution
Journeyman

Free Tablet Scam

Has anyone else been scammed by Sprint about getting a FREE tablet???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
26 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Free Tablet Scam

Apparently this is a big issue with sprint.. Lots of people are upset over unspoken charges with these "free tablets" and rightfully so. I just signed up with sprint and thank God i looked here before getting scammed into one. Sprint isn't looking like a very trustworthy company to be with...

Wizard

Josh, I think that it all depends on the store. The store I got mine though was very upfront about the tablet but it seems that that's not the norm.

Journeyman

They got me too. Just a few weeks ago actually.

Journeyman

They got me also for two tablets. I'm going back to return them now. I'm LIVID about it! I actually asked if there would be a monthly fee and the guy said no...he flat out lied to me! He also told me that I had to buy cases for the phones I got or he would be in trouble with his boss since I was getting so much free stuff!

Journeyman

I Took back my two tablets and my samsung phone. I was able to reverse all charges and switch back to an iphone.

Journeyman

My tablet was free. They didn't lie about that. I however, didn't learn about the monthly charge to have that free tablet, until after they were writing up my phone purchase.....it wasn't exactly too late probably to hand it back to them, but I felt like it was too late. They should be upfront about the monthly charge when they say "HEY, good news, you qualify for a free Samsung Tablet with that phone purchase!!"

Journeyman

I was scammed just yesterday. Looked on my account today and theres a $15 fee. But of course, when I called, "it wasn't their fault". I'm switching companies.

Journeyman

Absolute trojan horse and such bad practice. Signed up for a phone plan and was given a tablet as a 'gift' for being a new customer. 

The tablet has sat under my bed in its original box for a year now while I've been paying $10 per month to have it active. At no point was this ever mentioned nor does sprint make it easy to see an exact breakdown of your bill. 

Looking to leave the network out of principle if nothing else. 

Sprint Social Care

Good morning dshipsey.

It is very concerning to read that you feel this way. We would never want to lose a customer over this. Allow us to review your account. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I upgraded my phone and was told I qualified for a free tablet. Just paid my first bill for $188 and was told it would be around $120. Before I changed it was $101. I'm on a fixed income and can't afford this. I was flat out lied to - I asked at least 4'or 5 times are you sure this is free and was told it would be an extra $6 monthly.  I have been with Sprint for YEARS and have not had a problem until now. Beware of free tablet offers. Am thinking of going to another carrier

Sprint Social Care

Hey Sueb1952! We wouldn't want to see you go. Please allow us to take a look into this for you. Check your inbox and reply to the previous message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.