cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with BYOD

Journeyman

Frustrated with BYOD

Hi,

I'm a new Sprint customer, but may not stay long, as it has been extremely frustrating! To start off I signed up for the BYOD one year free promo.  I ordered a SIM card for the device I was bringing(nexus 6p), and also an iPhone 7 which I was adding as a second line.

I received the SIM card and phone quickly, but then the problems started.  I called to activate both devices and learned there was a problem adding my 6p.  The rep told me they would activate the iPhone first and work on solving the issue with the device I was bringing.  Several days, and calls, later I finally got support to create a ticket to add the IMEI of my 6p to Sprint's database so it could be activated.

With that issue supposedly resolved I called tonight to activate my 6p.  I was then told that because I had activated the "2nd line" iPhone first, which the rep told me to do, I was no longer eligible for the BYOD one year free promo.  The reps I talked to could offer no resolution, other to activate my device for normal price.  I was told a supervisor was not available and could call me in two days!

The promo brought me to Sprint, but the reps are quickly helping me to realize I've made a bad decision.

Anyone have advice about who I should talk to, and who can actually help?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: Frustrated with BYOD

Hi dabulin!

Thank you for taking the time to bring this concern to us, I would like to provide you with assistance regarding this matter. I will need to take a look into your account for further assistance, please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same experience here also ... still problem persists.  When order sim, got it very quickly then problems started one after other.  sim card kit says to activate either by online or call customer care. when tried with online it failed and said have limitations in accessing account and instructed to call customer care. once called customer care they also have problems in accessing account ..after multiple trials requested to meet local store. Local store did activation after waiting 3 hours with $34.74 activation fee and monthly $70+ bill when I requested this is not the plan it supposed to be, they realized BOYD activation only through online/customer care and cancelled immediately. and requested to call customer care.. BACK TO SQUARE ONE.  after spending time got this time some associate who know process finally and he activated BOYD device.  now when I see first bill with in three days it is $68.84 it supposed to be less than $20 (device protection + Account Minimum maintenance bill  with auto pay and e-bill activation). Spend lot of time with chat and customer care ... no one will able to understand issue and finally they gave $10 credit and call cut. initially they said not able to apply BOYD plan as local store activated plan and closed it.so BOYD can't be applied. later they said it will be reflected after one billing cycle.  then my concern was if you can't do now how it will happen after billing cycle !!! No body have answer ... I am really got mad and wanted to cancel ...but cancellation dept again diverted to call to finance(or Billing) dept and they requested to pay the current cycle bill and the money WILL BE credited back to account.  I have no other option than to believe else I will in defaulter in bill pay.  FINALLY it supposed to be $14.26 and monthly bill of $7.99/month is ended up as $14.26(online Sim Order)+$34.74(Store mis-activation)+$58.84  i.e $107.64 instead of $22.25.  and more than 15 hours spending activation , chat and customer care instead of hassle free 5 minute activation.   so I DON"T BLAME PEOPLE BLAME PROCESS, So I can't tell associates are not helping they are trying best with in their limitations but SPRINT Should come up with plans which they can implement and have a. infra ready b. associates trained c. systems updated and d. have process set for expected issues. it looks like nothing is ready expect sales persons busy in selling.  even now I am wondering did I make mistake by taking SPRINT!!! 

@A11ey

Tags (3)
Journeyman

Same experience here also ... still problem persists.  When order sim, got it very quickly then problems started one after other.  sim card kit says to activate either by online or call customer care. when tried with online it failed and said have limitations in accessing account and instructed to call customer care. once called customer care they also have problems in accessing account ..after multiple trials requested to meet local store. Local store did activation after waiting 3 hours with $34.74 activation fee and monthly $70+ bill when I requested this is not the plan it supposed to be, they realized BOYD activation only through online/customer care and cancelled immediately. and requested to call customer care.. BACK TO SQUARE ONE.  after spending time got this time some associate who know process finally and he activated BOYD device.  now when I see first bill with in three days it is $68.84 it supposed to be less than $20 (device protection + Account Minimum maintenance bill  with auto pay and e-bill activation). Spend lot of time with chat and customer care ... no one will able to understand issue and finally they gave $10 credit and call cut. initially they said not able to apply BOYD plan as local store activated plan and closed it.so BOYD can't be applied. later they said it will be reflected after one billing cycle.  then my concern was if you can't do now how it will happen after billing cycle !!! No body have answer ... I am really got mad and wanted to cancel ...but cancellation dept again diverted to call to finance(or Billing) dept and they requested to pay the current cycle bill and the money WILL BE credited back to account.  I have no other option than to believe else I will in defaulter in bill pay.  FINALLY it supposed to be $14.26 and monthly bill of $7.99/month is ended up as $14.26(online Sim Order)+$34.74(Store mis-activation)+$58.84  i.e $107.64 instead of $22.25.  and more than 15 hours spending activation , chat and customer care instead of hassle free 5 minute activation.   so I DON"T BLAME PEOPLE BLAME PROCESS, So I can't tell associates are not helping they are trying best with in their limitations but SPRINT Should come up with plans which they can implement and have a. infra ready b. associates trained c. systems updated and d. have process set for expected issues. it looks like nothing is ready expect sales persons busy in selling.  even now I am wondering did I make mistake by taking SPRINT!!! 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.