cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Highlighted
Community Manager

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

The first MEGA thread on this subject had to be locked due to a mistake by yours truly.  Many apologies.  Please feel free to use this thread to post your updates, we will also share our latest info here, as we get it.

For now, the most recent info we have: Galaxy S10 LTE Issues

********************************************************************************

4/12/2019 UPDATE: As always, Sprint and Samsung continue to closely monitor concerns about intermittent or total loss of voice or data with the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, and S10e handsets.  There will be a software release available on Tuesday, April 16th that will prevent the device from experienceing intermittent voice or data.  Please update as soon as this release becomes available.

********************************************************************************

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

999 REPLIES 999
Highlighted
Journeyman

after March 27th update, im still having connection issues with my s10+. Its still cuts out from 4G LTE to 3G or no service at all. It seems to be a little more stable after update and it happens less.  Even when i have 4G LTE website wont load and messages are delayed. I cant make a simple google search such as "food near me" because it will say can't connect to the internet or internet is too slow. My family members have sprint and have iPhones XRS and Note 9 and they are NOT experiencing these issues.

Highlighted

I'm still having issues as well. It is more stable prior to the update but not steady. The only place I get excellent service is in my apartment. I left my block and no data, despite being outside, with full bars and LTE indicated on the screen. I can't count the amount of times I've gone through troubleshooting with Support. They've chucked it up tower outages but I find it hard to believe that there are that many towers out and if that were the case I would have a little ass x where the bars are at.

Sprint nor Samsung seem to be issuing a viable solution to this problem.  It's affecting my day to day life. I couldn't get an Uber to get home because of data connectivity.

I swear I'm about to chuck this brick at someone's head.....

Highlighted

Howdy Zeke. I've seen a few of these recently. I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I sent you a PM to gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Screenshot_20190402-094855_Speedtest.jpg

Here the breakneck speed of sprint LTE today  However I did get a server from Jackson which is about 30 mins away instead of Akron OH which is about 3 to 4 hrs away. Not sure why or where this server came from but closer should be better. I would think. At least it's working half ass at the moment  

Update on my situation.  I contacted Samsung and Sprint this morning.  It didn't take long for Samsung to suggest I send in the phone for repair.  Sprint was falling over themselves to get me a loaner, but they suggested I drive 1.5+ hours to the nearest store with an available loaner.  Not going to happen.  I'm activating an old phone while I wait.  Samsung says that this could take up to two weeks to get my s10+ back.   They are both pushing that I get the repair.  Shipping label in hand for the return.  Hope this solves the problems.  

Highlighted

Just wrapped up Sprint chat. I told tech "I hope this resolves the issue, I'm sure you hear from a lot of unhappy s10 owners", his reply "Uff, believe me that yes. This has been a very Huge issue. Even with multiple service providers."
Highlighted

yup..there are a couple 15+ page threads over at TMO about this same thing with their S10/10+'s as well as a few mixed in unlocked direct from Samsung S10/10+'s.

@mbbuckland wrote:
Just wrapped up Sprint chat. I told tech "I hope this resolves the issue, I'm sure you hear from a lot of unhappy s10 owners", his reply "Uff, believe me that yes. This has been a very Huge issue. Even with multiple service providers."

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Any real word from Sprint on whats going on with this? My phone when it's at home only gets LTE in roaming and speed tests won't connect and when I am out and about it will connect to Sprint LTE band 26 I think and still won't connect to a speed test. The one time it did connect it thought it was about 75 miles away from where the phone really was.

Highlighted

So a sort of progress update. My phone restarted itself, so I was wondering if Samsung pushed out an update.  I updated software (none available), PRL, profile, and restarted.  I am still having big issues with Band 25.  The phone still gets zero data/voice in Band 25...but now, the phone will switch to band 26 on it's own. It doesn't seem to be stuck in Band 25 like before.  It does bounce back and forth between 25 and 26 and heats up quite a bit while it does, so it's still not a solution as it's a hot paperweight when it's on Band 25, but at least that's small progress on my end.

Highlighted

I'm seeing the same thing.  I was hoping that the March 27th update would fix this issue.  I've got the update installed, phone has had the PRL/Profile updated since then, Device restarts.  But nothing seems to fix/help the issue.  It has gotten better, but I still see at least 4-5 times a day the 'Unable to establish a wireless connection'.  It can be here at work, home, or out and about.

Any help would be great. @Cat_Sprint 

Highlighted

The fact that neither Samsung nor sprint want to take blame and address the situation makes my blood boil! I really dont think its sprint and believe the problem is with software or the phone itself but sprint needs to be better at keeping us updated! Also, I've read comments on some websites where people in other countries are having similar problems. I really hope this gets fixed soon. I'm on my third replacement getting sent and neither sprint nor Samsung wanted to help I'm getting the replacements through assurion!

Highlighted

I just got a call from Sprint and the person I spoke to said that the only other option after the software update and a factory reset was to exchange the phone. I'm supposed to call Asurion tomorrow to see how to take care of it. Every time you talk to a different person they tell you something different. I just want a working phone at this point.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.