cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S10/10+/10e Perma -Roaming - The Sequel

Corprate store I got my phone from told me they had to order me a phone and it would take 3 days. Been 5 still no phone. Called the store and got an Assurian tech. He told me that the store can't give out their stock because after 14 days the replacement goes to insurance. Also was told I don't get a new phone I get a refurbished one. My phone was 17 days old when it crapped out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wa able to get the replacement in two days and it looks like a refurb as it was just a phone no charger or earbuds however some people in this thread have received new phones might be the luck of the draw.

Journeyman

ok so more info here...

im originally on an unlocked s10+ with sprint and having this problem, today i went out and got a prepaid verizon account, i put the verizon SIM card in said phone and I see verizon is connecting to band 4, 5, and 13.

now band 5 and band 13 are giving me really good speeds around 50 60mbps download and 15 20mbp upload...

problem is band 4 is so slow barely there... and of course for some reason band 4 is what the phone constantly wants to be on... if i dont use the phone for a few mins then go pick it up n say open a youtube video, it wont work, itll just keep trying to open the page then times out, if i keep trying couple of times itll then switch to band 5 or 13 and boom really good speeds but eventually will go back to band 4 and slow data and so on. so with sprint the phone wont pull any data on the good bands even with showing full bars and LTE but we have the ability to disable them, on verizon the good bands work really good but it just keeps defaulting to the slow one and we cant disable it.

what a mess

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Journeyman

It took multiple calls to Sprint, 1 trip to a Sprint store, and 2 trips to a Best Buy store (where I actually bought my phone from). At first Best Buy told me that I would have to pay the $200 deductible to have my phone replaced through my geek squad plan because they refused to do an exchange since I was past the 14 day return window.  This whole situation has been a nightmare but in the end I was able to exchange my phone for a brand new one. I was only able to do this because the second time I went into Best Buy the regional sales rep for Sprint was visiting the store.  I am happy to say that new phone is working and I have data and voice service again after not having them for 2 1/2 weeks.  The samsung guy at Best Buy said that in order for Samsung to take ownership of the issue at least 1 million people have to report the problem before they will do anything.  So for those who bought their phone through Samsung keep putting in complaints!  For everyone else do not let them tell you that you have to pay something get a replacement phone, this isn't your fault and this should be on Samsung/Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Quick PSA/reminder- most of the early adopters are coming up on the deadline to add insurance which is 30 days from activation. 

We should absolutely not need to do this, it is an insane, ludicrous proposition- but in this very imperfect situation we find ourselves in with two; billion dollar behemoths pointing at each other with a less than ideal sense of urgency, insurance is to be considered.  There is clearly a major issue,  that might even be hardware related. Adding insurance (and then possibly fighting for a credit after the dust settles) is something that is worth considering as an extra step towards insulating yourself from whatever flawed logic and poor decision making may follow in this debacle.   

I still believe that Sprint (not Samsung) will try and do the right thing, but when and what that looks like at this point is still unclear. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This gives me some hope.

I also bought my phone from Best Buy, but I used 24 month installment pricing. I'm on an old plan that gives me a $10 per month "loyalty credit" when I purchase it this way, so it saves me $240 in the end. But, I'm now in a weird limbo where I bought it at Best Buy, but I'm paying Sprint for it.

My first trip to Best Buy was fruitless, as they insisted their hands were tied since it was a strict Sprint policy to not exchange after 14 days. I may try again and see if they have since changed their stance. I would rather do the exchange at Best Buy instead of Sprint, since this seems more likely that I'll get a new device, and not a refurbished one.

I can't help but feel that the stock of refurbished phones for a device that is not even a month old yet is probably full of devices with this exact issue. Since no one seems to know the root cause, I question whether it can even be repaired. I mean, if they can repair it, wouldn't they be offering that as an option? Plus, I don't want someone else's repaired phone to replace my new one anyway.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's time to report any of the extortion to the consumer affair and better business bureau if you guys have yo pay anything to get the phone fix.

There's enough talks online by now that they should know better to take responsibility. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is funny.  I received my return kit on Friday.  However over the past few days...the LTE has gotten better.  Not good... but passable.  It is great in my office in downtown Tampa but crappy at home.  My speedtest score has gone from 2-3 to 7-8 at home... and I am concerned that if I "buy" a new phone it is going to be just as bad.  I can return it, though, as it would be within the 14 days...and.not return the original.  

Anyone else seen this moderate increase?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I've been posting on this topic since the day after the phones release.  I have disabled bands 25 and 41, installed the "update" a week or two back, PRL, profile, etc.  And...nothing.  I've heard it was Samsungs fault, it was Sprints fault,  It is a dsoftware issue,  it is a hardware issue, it was a fluke...yada yada yada.  I have exchanged my phone....twice!   I am still having the same issues.   I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana.   I took a trip to Minnesota last week and guess what?  Bands 41 and 25 worked GREAT!!! no issues.  Please, somebody tell me again that it's my phone or that it's software related.  It is clearly something else.  I cannot believe the lack of attention, information, and solution seeking that Sprint has issued regarding this problem.  Been with them since the Nextel days.  i have 4 phones on my plan.   Looking forward to switching.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ck501 wrote:
This gives me some hope.

I also bought my phone from Best Buy, but I used 24 month installment pricing. I'm on an old plan that gives me a $10 per month "loyalty credit" when I purchase it this way, so it saves me $240 in the end. But, I'm now in a weird limbo where I bought it at Best Buy, but I'm paying Sprint for it.

My first trip to Best Buy was fruitless, as they insisted their hands were tied since it was a strict Sprint policy to not exchange after 14 days. I may try again and see if they have since changed their stance. I would rather do the exchange at Best Buy instead of Sprint, since this seems more likely that I'll get a new device, and not a refurbished one.

I can't help but feel that the stock of refurbished phones for a device that is not even a month old yet is probably full of devices with this exact issue. Since no one seems to know the root cause, I question whether it can even be repaired. I mean, if they can repair it, wouldn't they be offering that as an option? Plus, I don't want someone else's repaired phone to replace my new one anyway.

I was also on installment payments and getting discounts on my plan.  Make sure that sprint resets your upgrade eligibility before you head back to the store and make sure to get an interaction ID number with who you talked to at Sprint. Sprint is going is to say you have to return back to point of purchase instead of doing a RMA through them.  Like I mentioned before, this took several calls to sprint.  I called almost everyday for 2 weeks and made sure everything was noted on my account.  It is going to be hard to get Best Buy to do an exchange cause they say its past their return policy.  You're going to have to some how get them to understand that the exchange has to be done as an exception like the Note 8s and get them to call sprint to verify this information and that have reset your upgarde eligibility.  I seriously lucked out that the regional sales rep for Sprint was visiting the Best Buy that I was at when I went in. The Best Buy I went to refused to do an exchange and contact Sprint which caused me to file a complaint we with Best Buy corporate and let me tell you...they take those complaints seriously.  I have the store calling me and corporate sending me follow ups with their interaction with the Best Buy store I went to. If Best Buy agrees to do the exchange you might run into two issues. The Best Buy I was at was out of stock of the white prism phone and they offered to order a new one for me but I wouldn't get it until the end of April.  There was only 1 phone in all of Orange County California and because this was being done as an exchange I couldn't go pick the phone up myself, someone from the store had to go pick it up and they had to receive it into their inventory.  The second problem you might run into is, Sprint charging you a non return device fee.  They charged me what I owed on my S10+ saying that I didn't return the device and it caused my bill to go past due.  This didn't make sense at all because I wasn't in posession of the phone since Best Buy did a straight exchange and how can they charge a non return device charge less than 24 hours of me exchanging my phone.   I contacted sprint again and luckily the charge was reversed and I was given a $65 credit on my account for all of my issues.  I'm also really surprised that someone from Sprint billing called me to follow up on if the extra charges were taken off my account.  Again, this has been the worst experience and it has made me question my loyalty with them.  I was seriously ready to just pay off my phone and switch carriers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did the second phone change anything?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@TinFW wrote:

So I've been posting on this topic since the day after the phones release.  I have disabled bands 25 and 41, installed the "update" a week or two back, PRL, profile, etc.  And...nothing.  I've heard it was Samsungs fault, it was Sprints fault,  It is a dsoftware issue,  it is a hardware issue, it was a fluke...yada yada yada.  I have exchanged my phone....twice!   I am still having the same issues.   I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana.   I took a trip to Minnesota last week and guess what?  Bands 41 and 25 worked GREAT!!! no issues.  Please, somebody tell me again that it's my phone or that it's software related.  It is clearly something else.  I cannot believe the lack of attention, information, and solution seeking that Sprint has issued regarding this problem.  Been with them since the Nextel days.  i have 4 phones on my plan.   Looking forward to switching.

I don't know what to think... I live in Orange County California (2 miles away from Disneyland)  and was in the constant roaming or zero service state.  I went to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and San Diego all within a 3 day period and had no service issues.  I was able to exchange my phone out for a brand new one and it hasn't had any issues since I activated it.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.