Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 or Note 8 Future Upgrade

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S8 or Note 8 Future Upgrade

Did anyone get anywhere with Sprint or Samsung on the forced upgrade (downgrade to edge 7 in my case) after the two recalls? In the initial press release from Sprint I seem to remember them saying they would reset upgrade eligibility once the ordeal was over with.

The sentiment that the "kickbacks" we already received are reward enough is ridiculous. This guy apparently didn't go through  packing two phones in fire proof boxes and reloading all apps and contacts 3 separate times. In my case I had purchased two note 7s initially so with both recalls and the downgrades I had to activate and setup 6 phones and pack up 4 phones in the ridiculous fire proof kits with the rubber gloves and other nonsense!

Those of us that received a note 7 on day one deserve the opportunity to purchase the note 8 period. I don't mind paying a nominal upgrade fee. Whether Samsung or Sprint facilitates this, it needs to be done.

Tags (2)
Journeyman

I totally agree with you. I had to do the same thing! They better do something! We want our Note 8's and credit for these S7 edges.....
GrandMaster

the very first post on page one explains how it all worked with the exchange/return depending on which option you decided to go with. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7/Note-7-second-recall-Store-issues-with-exchang... .
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Again My information is strictly for Sprint and Samsung to read when The new phones come out we should be on The top of The list and we should also still get A discount because of The fact that we had to trade our phones in 3 times for all The pain suffering We should I do least be first on the list and receive a discount I don't think this qualifies for putting it on your site but maybe i'm wrong
GrandMaster

all the carriers that sold that phone followed the same set of rules and guidelines. which are what i had in that very first post in that thread..that was across the board set in place by Samsung. as for this site its fully public. you would be better off contacting Samsung directly for something like this. it was after all their screw up. since you mentioned credits..did you not get your credit? if not then i recommend posting in that link i provided to get that ball rolling.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Tags (1)
Journeyman

So I just saw that Note 7 owners will get a "big" discount on a Note 8 with Samsung.  Will Sprint play any role in this or do we have to go direct through Samsung?  I have a S7 Edge on an installment plan, obviously it would be "easier" to swap directly with Sprint versus Samsung.  Thanks.

Journeyman

I am actually in sprint website NIW because thats my question. I'm hoping the same thing because i have 3 note 7's that i purchased. The next question is are we going to have to start all over with another 2yr agreement and for people who did a purchase contract where they pay monthly for their new putchase phone will they get credit for all the money they spent on a phone they didn't want when the note 7's blew up?!
GrandMaster

if you opted for a new phone then that is where you are stuck..if you opted to return the Note 7 and were able to switch back to an old device for the time being then you are able to have your contract reset for the new purchase. i recommend reading the link i provided above..all the info is in there..it has not changed. as for the discount for the Note 7 owners for the new Note8 i believe that is only through Samsung.
Journeyman

Then this Information I  received is  false? I don't understand if the phone is defective to the extent of personal injury and the company acknowledges this flaw puts out a new phone with a loyalty reward to is costumers and the carrier doesn't acknowledge. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Note-Series-Knowledge/Can-Note-7-buyers-upgrade-to-a-Note-8/...

Journeyman

Well i got the satisfaction i wanted just like i knew i would! Sprint has acknowledged that they also take part blame for taking our old Note 5's when we upgraded and since they took them there was no way for us to get them back when the Note 7's were recalled.and we were forced into a new agreement with 2 new S7 edges. They have agreed to wash the S7 edges (we will send back), cancel our agreements & installments, and sendung us 2 NEW NOTE 8's! With a discounted rate, no upgrade fee, no down payment & no shipping!
I will admit it took exactly 1 eight hour call with 7 transfers yesterday! But it was well worth it! Oh and i am being upgraded to 2 new 12.9" ipad pro's 256G.
When i say i dont play about getting what i want.............you better believe me!
Journeyman

I made a copy of the chats and the post because the customer service rep states I had to have made over 12 payments and I took too long to turn the phone in. 20 plus years with sprint smh.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.