cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10 WIFI Calling

GrandMaster

Re: HTC 10 WIFI Calling

I'll have to take a look when i get a chance through my phones browser. for whatever reason my work computer doesnt mesh up well with this site so i cant see the screen shot currently. the wifi calling symbol should be a old school handset with the wifi symbol right above it. each phone i have had that had wifi calling has pretty much looked the same from what im remembering. i'll have to wait until i get home to see what the M9's symbol looked like in case it looks slightly different.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

out of curiosity though when you see that symbol is wifi calling turned on?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, it doesn't look like it has the option to enable Wi-Fi calling. What I am curious about is if the feature could be successfully added. I was looking into HTC 10 roms and I found one that claims that it has Wi-Fi calling implemented and Sprint was in the list of carriers that it claimed to work with. My phone is not currently rooted/partitions unlocked but I am considering doing so and trying the rom to see if it actually works. Cellular technology isn't my regular field of study so I don't readily know what the technical requirements are for Wi-Fi calling to function properly.
Journeyman

I've called both HTC and Sprint. Sprint hasn't enabled the 10 it would seem. Of course I made several calls to sprint hearing both "we just activated it" and "you phone is not capable"!  Its a new high end phone!  We shouldn't have to root a phone to get it to work. This should be a standardized implementation.

Hurry up Sprint!!

Journeyman

I whole heartedly agree, it should be a standard feature.  I'm fairly certain that the implementation is strickly a matter of software and the carrier unlocked version of the HTC 10 has the wifi calling feature and I'm pretty sure that the Verizon version of the HTC 10 does too.  If it is strictly a software matter as I suspect then I guess that would mean the ball is in HTC's court so to speak.  I still intend to root my phone so I can try that rom I mentioned in a previous post, I just haven't found the time to sit down and do it.  When I do I will let everyone know the results regarding whether or not that roms implementation of wifi calling works with Sprint properly.  If it turns out that a third party rom does work it will certainly raise the question why the feature hasn't been officially implemented.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.