Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6s voice and data simultaneously

SOLVED
Highlighted
Journeyman

IPhone 6s voice and data simultaneously

Will the new iPhone 6s allow simultaneous voice and data when not using wifi?

11 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: IPhone 6s voice and data simultaneously

no. the only way we can get this ability back is when Sprint launches VoLTE (Voice over LTE). until then were stuck. on a side note even when they DO launch it its going to take a while for them to get it fully under wraps and working how it should. Verizon started their deployment a bit over a year ago and are still running into issues with it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Wow that really stinks. My wife's android phone can. Thank you for the reply. Does Sprint have a timetable on when they might do this?

GrandMaster

nothing announced as of yet. as for her phone being able to do it is her phone a Sprint phone? if so then its probably a non spark device..meaning it still had 2 antennas and not the one like they do now.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

We do not have a timetable on voLTE at this time.  Keep in mind that if you use WiFi calling on the iPhone you can do voice and data at the same time.  You can also use CDMA voice and WiFi data, just not CDMA voice and cellular data.  This is due to the need for single radio architecture to navigate our various LTE bands.  That said, an upside here is that the iPhone 6s supports Sprint's carrier aggregation which offers the fastest data speeds of any iPhone we have ever carried and is outpacing our competitors data speeds.  Check PC Magazines recent editors choice award for the Sprint version of the 6s.

Journeyman

Any updates on this matter? I switched from GS6 Edge to iPhone 6s recently and I'm starting to regret that decision.

Sprint Care, can you please respond? I'd love to know when this issue will be resolved. I've had this phone for a week now and there have been several dozen times where I would need this capability.

Thoroughly disappointed.

GrandMaster

it wasnt on your S6 Edge either. and the current rumor is some time in 2016 but again that is only a rumor..which will be the only thing you'll get until they publicly announce it.

Journeyman

I had a S6 and I could be on a call and still get my google maps with traffic or I could be on a call and my kid could be playing a game over the network data (not wifi).  This feature is greatly missed.  I agree with an earlier post that I regret moving to iPhone, but now am thinking I may need to switch carriers because Sprint still has not released this feature as far as I can tell and they have not posted a time-line.  For those of us who travel and work, it is important to be able to take calls and get up-to-date traffic info, for example.  Or even be able to use WebEx on the phone while on a call.  Deeply disappointed.

GrandMaster

agreed for those that use their devices for work..honestly though i can count on one hand how many times i would have needed both data and talk at the same time..i have received calls while using google maps and still had my route showing just fine but i think that was because the main part of that route was already loaded.

Journeyman

I hate to break the news to all the people that believe what sprint reps tell them, but I have a note 4 and when I was on the KitKat OS that launched with the phone during initial release I could use voice and data simultaneously. Then when I updated to Marshmallow it quit working. Therefore my device and sprints network is capable of doing both but there is a software limitation that was introduced.
Community News

Community News

Aaargh! Subscribe to the Captain's Log to find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.