Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In app purchases

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

In app purchases

Is there any way to pay for an in app purchase without it being considered 3rd party and subject to the $25 fee? Seems so unfair! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: In app purchases

We don't. If you're playing a game, purchasing songs or albums, or other app purchases, you should be able to choose your payment method. You may check it the next time you purchase, just to make sure there isn't a default option chosen. You should only have third party fees for purchases bills to the Sprint account. I would like to review the bills and our tool for 3rd party charges. I just want to ensure what's being charged. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

I'm not sure I know what $25 fee you're talking about, but I'm happy to get this figured out with you. Is the $25 fee on your monthly bill?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. Twice I have made in app purchases and paid with credit card and both times got a fee assessed on my Sprint account. I searched here and found topics on how to block purchases to avoid the fee, I'm assuming to block your kids (or bad spouse LOL). I tried accessing the app through iTunes on my computer but there is no purchase option there. 

Highlighted

Are you seeing the charge on the credit card account also? Are the fees that are charged to the Sprint account the same as what you're purchasing?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK I went back and pulled bills. Memory fails...it is a $9 service fee for "for services or products provided by third parties that you choose to pay for on your Sprint invoice". I thought I purchased through iTunes, but now I am not sure. As far as you know, does Sprint charge a separate fee to make in app purchases?

Highlighted

We don't. If you're playing a game, purchasing songs or albums, or other app purchases, you should be able to choose your payment method. You may check it the next time you purchase, just to make sure there isn't a default option chosen. You should only have third party fees for purchases bills to the Sprint account. I would like to review the bills and our tool for 3rd party charges. I just want to ensure what's being charged. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much!!!

Highlighted

You're welcome.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.