cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Go to solution
Journeyman

Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

I have an unlocked Moto E4 I purchased from Target 2 months ago.  I have used it with Tracfone and Verizon, and now wish to port it to Sprint.  I received this message when I tried: "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device. Sign in to find this device on your account."

I do not have an account with Sprint, and the Moto E4 was never a Sprint device, being an unlocked phone not tied to any carrier.  Is there a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
200 REPLIES 200
Wizard

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

Glad to hear you want to join the family. We can get this figured out together. Please send me a private message with the IMEI of the phone so I can check it out for ya

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Wizard

Re: Ineligible BYOD. "Sorry, but our records show you still owe Sprint for this device."

When I check the IMEI it says invalid ownership. That means the phone thinks it still belongs to the previous carrier. You will need to give them a call and have them change the ownership code for the phone. After that's done we will check again and get things moving along.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Journeyman

I am confused. This phone was unlocked when I purchased it from Target. It did not belong to a carrier. I will try contacting TracFone, though.
Wizard

Normally when we get that message that's what needs to be done. Since it is a TracFone, you will need to call them.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Journeyman

It is not a TracFone device. I just spoke to their unlocking department, who stated they can not lock a device that does not belong to them. This device was purchased unlocked. It does not belong to any carrier.
Wizard

No worries! I'll send you a private message and get some specific information and I'll send a ticket to have the phone added to our database.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
GrandMaster

since the phone was never with Sprint they must add in the devices info in order for it to be in their database. that notification you received though is a bit odd..might have put in some of the info wrong or missed a number or something.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi,

I am also having the same issue for the couple of phones am trying to activate with sprint. Could you please share if there was any resolution with this issue?

Thanks for your time.

Wizard

Hi there. Lets work together to figure this out. Where did you buy those phones from?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I have the exact same issue. Can someone help

Wizard

Good morning swapnag. I'd be happy to take a look into things. I'm going to private message you so we can get started.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.