cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercarrier Block

Highlighted
Journeyman

Intercarrier Block

I'm extremely frustrated and highly disappointed in the lack of customer service with Sprint.

I have not been able to send SMS messages since (I thought) December. I went to a Sprint store and they said "It's Apple's problem, not ours." I've recently gone to apple and they have reset my phone, provided me with a new sim, and provided me with a new phone which did not fix the issue. After about 15 phone calls (since December) to Sprint technical support, I was finally escalated. 

A rep (George) was able to diagnois my issue at first glance. Apparently, there's an inter-carrier block on my number. The only explanation is I sent too many messages within a day. Ummm, my activity has been pretty consistent since 2004 (when joining Sprint). Today, I was told that I've actually been blocked since October 24th. Again, I'm not sure why I've been put on the inter-carrier block list and why it took 3 months to figure this out. 

The main frustration is there is no ETA on when this will be rectified. George offered to change my number but I've had this same number for 16 years so this isn't a viable solution. 

My hope is that Sprint will fix this ongoing issue quickly or allow me to find a carrier that can. 

3 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Intercarrier Block

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please allow us to take a look into this. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I spoke with Michael in technical support escalations and there is no fix for my issue. I did reach out to AT&T and they will not have a problem porting over my number and allowing me to send text messages.

I've been on hold with customer account services for about 3 hours today to cancel my contract without a fee since this issue is no fault of my own. This again shows the lack of customer with Sprint and encourages me to take my business elsewhere. I am extremely disappointed and hope that no other customer experiences this lack luster customer service. 

Sprint Social Care

KESHIA1983,

Sprint follows industry guidelines for blocking spam messages to ensure unwanted messages do not reach customers. There is a possibility that if you sent out the same message or multiple messages quickly to many recipients, it triggered the spam filtering

This restriction its added for a period of time that varies depending on what caused the message to be considered spam. I understand that if you've had that number for such a long time, its hard to change it. I have an update regarding this matter, please check your inbox.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.