cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in retaining this customer?

Journeyman

Interested in retaining this customer?

I feel like you're not. There are NO offers for existing customers that I can find. Customer service reps offer NOTHING. Only way to get a deal is by adding a new line. I have four lines. There are four members of my family. I don't need a line for my dog.

I hate going through the pain of switching over, but when I can save $$, why shouldn't I? It wouldn't take much to keep me. I'm lazy. But if your best offer is "nothing," this lazy guy is going to get off his butt and go elsewhere.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Interested in retaining this customer?

just about any carrier you go with you will be doing the same song and dance every two years roughly...since then you will no longer be a "new customer" to them.

this example sound a bit familiar?

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1603963#1603963

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been seeing the same thing.   The incentives elsewhere are tempting, even if only to break off a couple of the lines from my large, ancient account.   When I told that, for instance, the Galaxy Note 9 was on a Buy 1 Get 1 deal with Verizon and AT&T, I was told that I could get one for "only $41.67" as a "special offer for me".   Never mind that that's regular price, and nothing special - or that I would get a far better value for two of them elsewhere.   So, she looked for other deals, and told me a few, and asked if I was interested in taking any of them.   "Sorry, I was interested in an upgrade, not a downgrade".   Seriously, for all the money we've put into this account over the decades, I would think there would be a better deal than half off a cut-rate last-year model.  

Highlighted
Community Manager

I know this will come off as pro-Sprint because I am a Sprint Employee, but please allow me to remove my Sprint hat for a moment.  

I agree loyalty programs need to be overhauled in not just the telecom industry, but several industries.  Every year, I'm on the phone with my cable company screaming the same line, "I've been with you for (insert years) and why can't I get what a new customer gets!"

As a consumer, you have to be careful of what you giving up.  Using the AT&T Note 9 deal as an example, yeah, BOGO sounds awesome.  Once you get into the deal you have to lease the device for 24 or 30 months, which is $41.67 or $33.33.  This deal requires post-paid service plans of at least $65 per month on both devices for eligibility. AT&T does allow you to choose a 512GB Note 9, but the credit is limited to the $1,000 value of the smaller capacity model.  The lowest plan I'm aware of with AT&T is $70, so that's $140 for 2 lines.  You would be paying more on service for 2 lines than on all the other carriers. This does not include services you would sacrifice such as Hulu, Tidal, Netflix, Go90, throttling, etc.

Putting the Sprint hat back on, we do have internal algorithms based on analytics where our agents can provide certain offers.  Also, we are working on a loyalty program as well.  I know that does not help now, but it is something we are working on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Couple of corrections for you.   The AT&T and Verizon deals are both IB, not lease.   So, with the Sprint option, Sprint still owns the device after the 18 months, unless you purchase it with the remaining amount.   I get that the "flex lease" is trying to offer alternatives, but there are still plenty who would prefer the IB alternative (still offered at 3rd party resellers)

But, that aside, taking the present IB offers vs the lease option, and you are either way locked into a 18-30 month payment period.   Much like Sprint, the other carriers have alternative plans, too.   especially if "unlimited" data is not a priority or necessity. Also, with the IB options, the other carriers were offering cash off - which reduced the monthly payment further, and had trade in incentives.   (again, lowers monthly payment).    So, you could end up taking $500 off the base price, spread over time, and have $20.83/mo for two Note 9s (after the free device credit).    The math works better or worse for some people.  

But, you're right, the program needs to be overhauled.   It WAS much better in the past.   When the "incentives" amount to a downgrade, instead of an upgrade, something's not right.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.