cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Yes, the phone is currently active on Sprint, it is my daily driver.
Sprint Social Care

@RTFMA1, I'll be replying to your PM shortly.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm really glad all these PM's are going on and you guys are trying hard to solve the issue for everyone else, but I'm the OP and my issue has been going on for months and my phone is still SIM locked.  The reason Sprint disregards me and doesn't help me, is because they already got their money for the phone and i no longer have service with them, so they could care less if the phone works or doesn't.  Don't be mistaken.  Sprint doesn't care at all if you're phone is actually yours or if they still have it locked.  Once its paid off they won't help you at all.  Worst customer service I've ever dealt with and i will never, myself or anyone i know, go through sprint again.  My review of this crap service will change when they solve my issue, but until then, go with someone else.  I was literally told in a PM "the unlock has already been sent to your device, so we've done our part."  Although the phone still shows as locked because if i put in ANY OTHER SIM it doesn't work, but a sprint one still reads no problem.  But because the Sprint system shows my phone as unlocked, they don't care that my phone didn't get the memo.  They've washed their hands of my problem and i now have a $850 paperweight.  Thanks for nothing Sprint.

GrandMaster

so when they tried to re unlock it did you have the sprint sim card in the phone with it turned on and with it connected to wifi?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Still waiting for them to send another 'unlock' signal to the phone. It's on, connected to WiFi and Sprint. Pretty sure that it's a simple case of the phone never receiving the unlock signal multiple times in the past. But, unfortunately, the whole process is needlessly cumbersome and time consuming. Sprint support may need to realize that just because their system indicates that they've sent the unlock code, does not mean that the phone received it and is actually unlocked. Telling people that it is, and that they need to contact the other provider is simply not true in cases such as mine.
GrandMaster

usually its due to one/multiple things not being in place...

sprint sim card in the phone

phone turned on

phone must have a data connection in order to receive the code..if its been removed from the account then it needs to be connected to wifi

if one of those three things are not in place it wont receive the code and will show as unlocked on sprints side.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 yes, I did all that.

LG V20 is my daily phone so it had/has SPRINT SIM.  They also confirmed my device received the code. (that is after I request to re-send the code).

& I update PRL, Profile and UNLOCK ICCID. All went well.

Clicking UNLOCK ICCID shows "it has been unlocked and it is good for any ICCD"..

However still no luck.  (so far I see many other people are having this issue).

What I noticed, i think I need to add APN.  However LG V20 does not allow me to add any APN.

I think that is the main issue. Not sure if it is LG or Sprint issue.

I need to add APN (Tmobile, ATT or any other GSM carreir) so the device can communicate.  Now I am researching how to add.

Based on a bit more research, I figured that we will need to do something with a computer with USB connection.  I think there is a way.  But we will have to do something to device by computer (by using USB connection).

this is very annoying.  

Journeyman

@RTFMA1.

As fireguy_6364 said, if the device isn't doing all those three things the unlocking will show from our end and it will be giving you an error when trying to insert another carrier SIM card.

However, I understand your frustration and I would also like to take a look into this matter for you. Please check your inbox, I will be sending you a private message.

Journeyman

To All Sprint rsps: 

Yes all 3 thongs were in placed.  

This keeps going back and forth.  

Please research a bit more . There are numbers of other people who are having this issue.  Not just me.   It should trigger Sprint to reseaech. I do not mind sending my device if you guys need .  

SLRINT should be able to guide the custolers what /how needs to be done .

Note: AND TRAIN unlocked department customer service members.  I found many restrictions over the internet . When I was on the phone, s/he does not tell me anything but 'your request is done. Please allow us 3-5 business days'

Journeyman

@amsguy.

I totally understand your frustration. Let's take a look into this matter. Please check your inbox, I will be sending you a private message.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@amsguy.

We understand that this could be an annoying situation, did they provide you with a ticket number so we can check up on your request?

Journeyman

Exactly, all 3 things are in place. This phone is still connected to Sprint and is my daily driver. I'm on-call 24/7, so it doesn't get turned off. When I'm home, I have an AIRAVE that I'm connected to, as well as WiFi. Sprint has put another ticket in to unlock the phone. They told me to wait until Thursday before turning it off and trying again. Seriously? There needs to be a way to get this done without relying on a signal that may never be received.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.