Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Community Manager

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

PM me your MEID.  Let's look.

Journeyman

Let me clarify a bit. My LG V20 Still active on Sprint as my 'daily driver' Contract paid off months ago. UICC, when chosen, says unlocked. Tried setting to both auto and gsm, sim card not recognized.
Community Manager

@RTFMA1 wrote:
Let me clarify a bit. My LG V20 Still active on Sprint as my 'daily driver' Contract paid off months ago. UICC, when chosen, says unlocked. Tried setting to both auto and gsm, sim card not recognized.

LOL, I know. I read the entire thread.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

First of all,

thank you for your long input.  You need to share your knowledge with other Sprint Customer members.

once again thanks for clarification.

however -

We (at least myself) - did all steps you mentioned.

After receiving confirmation email/PM from Sprint that my device is unlocked for domestic/international, I DID all update PRL, PROFILE, UICC unlock.  

& again, all 3 updates did it without an error. 

Switch GSM from LTE:   we did that but still do not work.  (note: LG v20 has the Auto detect mode anyway)

Add APN: still does not work.  can't save.

Compatibility with other carriers (LG ls997) : YES it will work.  (it is not YES NO.  it might not get full reception but it will work. 

Those issues are reported by many users.

again, I can send my phone to you .. to troubleshoot.  I do not mind.

Community Manager

Just to keep everyone in the loop.  I've been testing with @RTFMA1 (thank you sir!).  Spoiler Alert:  We were unable to unlock his phone.  So next step is to type this up and hand this off to some engineers.  Standby.  

Journeyman

To clarify my issue:

My phone was unlocked to work with other carriers originally only immediately after a factory reset, however that no longer is the case.  Now my phone says "service is disabled" when any SIM besides sprint is inserted.

When sprint sends the unlock, my phone is connected to Wi-Fi, the sprint SIM card is in, and constantly powered on, i will occasionally run the PRL, profile uodate, and the uicc unlock. This reports back "authentication error. please try again later." But once the unlock signal reaches my phone, it only works for me to update the profile or the uicc unlock. After i do either of them, the phone won't allow me to do the other because it immediately reports "authentication error" again. 

So each unlock sent to my phone works for a single update, be it PRL, Profile, or UICC Unlock.

When i do any of the updates with a fresh unlock signal, it is successful, but still doesn't unlock the phone.

My phone is reporting "service is disabled" no matter what type of SIM card is inserted unless it is sprint.  

@Em_Will_I_Am

I will gladly send you my imei or any information you need. I've been troubleshooting for over 20 years and i have 2 certifications in it. I'd love to talk to someone that's willing to hear instead of just repeating the same info over and over.

Journeyman

@Heroicmegaman - I bet those PRL/PROFILE/UICC update work many times as long as you insert SPRINT active SIM CARD .  But I am in the same boat with you.  

Per @Em_Will_I_Am - he is looking into it with Sprint technician, so let's wait.  Hope he comes back a good news.  

As of now - there is No solution for now .

Community Manager

@Heroicmegaman wrote:

To clarify my issue:

My phone was unlocked to work with other carriers originally only immediately after a factory reset, however that no longer is the case.  Now my phone says "service is disabled" when any SIM besides sprint is inserted.

When sprint sends the unlock, my phone is connected to Wi-Fi, the sprint SIM card is in, and constantly powered on, i will occasionally run the PRL, profile uodate, and the uicc unlock. This reports back "authentication error. please try again later." But once the unlock signal reaches my phone, it only works for me to update the profile or the uicc unlock. After i do either of them, the phone won't allow me to do the other because it immediately reports "authentication error" again. 

So each unlock sent to my phone works for a single update, be it PRL, Profile, or UICC Unlock.

When i do any of the updates with a fresh unlock signal, it is successful, but still doesn't unlock the phone.

My phone is reporting "service is disabled" no matter what type of SIM card is inserted unless it is sprint.  

@Em_Will_I_Am

I will gladly send you my imei or any information you need. I'v,e been troubleshooting for over 20 years and i have 2 certifications in it. I'd love to talk to someone that's willing to hear instead of just repeating the same info over and over.

Yeah, that's exactly with @RTFMA1.  I purposely locked it and then unlocked it.  It said it unlocked on the device, but no matter the SIM (he had 3)...no dice.  I remember something like this way back with LG.  I want to say it was the G5.  Where we are at now is I have typed it up and will meet with engineers tomorrow.  Go ahead and PM me your phone number and MEID, please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am. Thank you.  Hope you bring us a good news

GrandMaster

it was the G5.. i remember that fiasco well lol.

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@Heroicmegaman wrote:

To clarify my issue:

@Em_Will_I_Am

I will gladly send you my imei or any information you need. I'v,e been troubleshooting for over 20 years and i have 2 certifications in it. I'd love to talk to someone that's willing to hear instead of just repeating the same info over and over.

Yeah, that's exactly with @RTFMA1.  I purposely locked it and then unlocked it.  It said it unlocked on the device, but no matter the SIM (he had 3)...no dice.  I remember something like this way back with LG.  I want to say it was the G5.  Where we are at now is I have typed it up and will meet with engineers tomorrow.  Go ahead and PM me your phone number and MEID, please.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So i was able to get the phone to make and receive phone calls and texts by doing the ##786# reset and then immediately getting an unlock signal and doing the uicc unlock only.

Apparently the profile update messes up the network information to work with other carriers. 

However my APN settings are still locked so i can't add or change any to get data working.

*********WARNING**********

the ##786# reset is a factory reset that requires the MSL code and will completely wipe your phone.  Use with caution.

Community Manager

Everyone that has this problem...email me your ESN/MEID ASAP!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.