cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

@Cat_Sprint what do you mean?  if not, how could it (unlocked Sprint phone) used in other network?

without changing APN, other carrier network/data will not work.  are you sure?

@Em_Will_I_Am  any update on your research?  thanks

GrandMaster

if im thinking correctly when the new sim card gets put into the phone from another carrier and is updated it then allows it to be done.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey, sorry about that. I see you are in communications with Em_Will_I_Am. I'm going to step back and let the expert assist you.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community Manager

@RTFMA1 wrote:

Question:

Is there a corporate PRL open for international roaming that will give us an editable apn?

Not sure what you mean by corporate PRL, but there are PRLs for our international roaming partners for Sprint Global roaming plans.  This is included in the PRL you receive during activation or any updates.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@amsguy wrote:

@Cat_Sprint what do you mean?  if not, how could it (unlocked Sprint phone) used in other network?

without changing APN, other carrier network/data will not work.  are you sure?

@Em_Will_I_Am  any update on your research?  thanks

Hey, be easy on @Cat_Sprint she is one of my eager padawans and still has the new car smell. No substantial updates to report.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@RTFMA1 wrote:

Question:

Is there a corporate PRL open for international roaming that will give us an editable apn?

Not sure what you mean by corporate PRL, but there are PRLs for our international roaming partners for Sprint Global roaming plans.  This is included in the PRL you receive during activation or any updates.

That's how they give Verizon access to the top tier business accounts and let's the user edit APN settings.

Wasn't sure if Sprint had something similar and could/would unlock the APN that way as well. It's like one line of text at the beginning of the PRL file.

GrandMaster

*it then allows you to change the APN*

once a different carriers sim card is put in (obviously with a fully unlocked device) and if that carrier allows it THEN you can change around the APN. its a GSM/CDMA deal. GSM carriers i think can do it on a whim..CDMA carriers can not.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

if im thinking correctly when the new sim card gets put into the phone from another carrier and is updated it then allows it to be done.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Dont get me wrong. If my statement was aggressive then my apologies to you all.
I have been struggling on this and was down when i read the comments.
I thought Sprint gave up on us.

Thanks
Community Manager

@RTFMA1 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@RTFMA1 wrote:

Question:

That's how they give Verizon access to the top tier business accounts and let's the user edit APN settings.

Wasn't sure if Sprint had something similar and could/would unlock the APN that way as well. It's like one line of text at the beginning of the PRL file.

That would be more on the Business side.  I've always work Consumer.  I do know we have made customer PRLs for businesses, but my knowledge of that ends there.  

Community Manager

@amsguy wrote:
Dont get me wrong. If my statement was aggressive then my apologies to you all.
I have been struggling on this and was down when i read the comments.
I thought Sprint gave up on us.

Thanks

Yes, your comments were very aggressive.  I will have to get the mods on you.  Smiley LOL

You're good.  This is a safe place.

Journeyman

Checking in to see if any additional progress has been made and if there are any updates.

Community Manager

I've been asked to ask what is the direct path that is taken in an attempt to change the APN?  For example Settings - Network - etc....

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.