cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Settings - More - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names.

I really don't think that's the issue - I believe that until the phone recognizes that a non-Sprint sim is inserted, all bets are off.

Journeyman

i thought Sprint found two diff. ways to unlock and two different results.

is Sprint Tech People able to unlock the LG v20?  

dont get me wrong.  if Sprint Tech group is testing this, I bet everybody here wants to know if the current unlock method is working or not.

we've been dealing this issue over months... we were told that we were not doing it right until @Em_Will_I_Am is working with sprint tech group.

so the first thing we want to know if the current unlocking procedure is working or not on LGv20. 

thanks.

Journeyman

So i got really tired of dealing with this. Luckily for Sprint, they had a deal on coming back with your own phone, so i just caved and activated service through them again.  After placing the Sprint SIM card back into the phone and it being ACTIVATED on the sprint network, the unlock now works and is fully functional.  Whether or not it will now work with another carrier SIM card, I don't know.  I don't want to pay for service on two different devices just to check.  

I can, however, verify that I am now able to set my own APN settings.  This is with the sprint SIM in the phone, so whether or not it will work with another carrier, I don't know.  However I just wanted to come in here and tell everyone that somehow along the line of getting 400 unlock signals sent to my phone, as long as I have an ACTIVE sprint sim card inserted, the phone seems to be unlocked.  This is absolutely useless for going to another carrier, so my issue was never technically resolved, but Sprint just so happens to have offered me a better deal than i could find elsewhere, so i came back.  

My next objective is to get Sprint to add a tower out near where I live, considering my signal works EVERYWHERE near me except for like a 5 mile radius around my house.  I'll try my girls Cricket SIM in my phone later tonight and report back whether or not i was able to get it running now that I've tried the unlock with an ACTIVE sprint SIM card inserted.  

Journeyman

@Heroicmegaman - I've had a Sprint Airave for years - only way to get good signal in my house - have you asked Sprint to send you one?

GrandMaster

issues with data, voice or both?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364

Both, but mostly data. I drop calls a lot here, but i can't use data until I'm about 5 miles from my house.

Community Manager

@RTFMA1 wrote:

I really don't think that's the issue - I believe that until the phone recognizes that a non-Sprint sim is inserted, all bets are off.

Can you try Settings > Networks > Mobile Data?  Once in the mobile data section, select the hamburger menu in the upper right and choose Mobile Networks>Access Point Names then select the hamburger menu to Add APN.  I got T-Mobile to work yesterday.

Screenshot_2018-06-19-14-31-36.png

Screenshot_2018-06-19-14-31-31.png

Screenshot_2018-06-19-14-31-56.png

Community Manager

@amsguy wrote:

i thought Sprint found two diff. ways to unlock and two different results.

is Sprint Tech People able to unlock the LG v20?  

dont get me wrong.  if Sprint Tech group is testing this, I bet everybody here wants to know if the current unlock method is working or not.

we've been dealing this issue over months... we were told that we were not doing it right until @Em_Will_I_Am is working with sprint tech group.

so the first thing we want to know if the current unlocking procedure is working or not on LGv20. 

thanks.

Tried the unlock method Care uses.  I've been locking and unlocking the phone back and forth to see if it will fail.  So far been on T-Mobile SIM for over 24 hours.

Community Manager

@RTFMA1 wrote:

@Heroicmegaman - I've had a Sprint Airave for years - only way to get good signal in my house - have you asked Sprint to send you one?

Don't ask for one now, out of stock.  New version coming out in late July/early August.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@RTFMA1 wrote:

Can you try Settings > Networks > Mobile Data?  Once in the mobile data section, select the hamburger menu in the upper right and choose Mobile Networks>Access Point Names then select the hamburger menu to Add APN.  I got T-Mobile to work yesterday.

I'll be happy to try this later, but I doubt my experience will be any different as both paths lead to the same settings menu/option. The difference being the paths taken to get there.

The reason for the paths being different is that LG offers 2 views in the settings menu, Tabbed (which you are using) and 'List View' which I am using.

You can change this view by accessing the '3 dots' in the upper right corner when you first open up settings.

I'll report back my findings.

Journeyman

@RTFMA1 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@RTFMA1 wrote:

I'll be happy to try this later, but I doubt my experience will be any different as both paths lead to the same settings menu/option. The difference being the paths taken to get there.

The reason for the paths being different is that LG offers 2 views in the settings menu, Tabbed (which you are using) and 'List View' which I am using.

You can change this view by accessing the '3 dots' in the upper right corner when you first open up settings.

I'll report back my findings.

Same result:

UICC Unlock.

Network set to GSM/UMS

Power off phone

Swap in Mint Sim (I have 2 that I tried)

Power on phone

SIM not recognized icon.

Add APN (https://www.mintmobile.com/setup-for-android/)

Save

Does not actually save

Please let me know if I am following the wrong steps, or if there is something else I need to do in order to get this device to recognize a non-Sprint sim.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am

so you tried the same way as we did?
(get a unlock code from Sprint server then update the profile, RPL(?), ICCID then it works ???)

Just want to confirm with you how you made it work because everybody here is having the same issue but you.

if you can give us the exact steps you did, then it will be great.

thanks

for me and i know others as well, we did everything as what sprint told us to do but never worked.

Smiley Sad

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.