cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LGV30+ Unlocked activated but no service

Journeyman JK1
Journeyman

LGV30+ Unlocked activated but no service

I have added a LG V30+ Unlocked phone purchased from BH Photo Video ( https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1445075-REG/lg_lg_ls998blk_v30_ls998_128gb_cdma_gsm.html ). I purchased it from there after being told I could order the phone from sprint only to find out that I could not order the phone from sprint. 

This phone shows activated on my plan and on the system but yet no one can seem to explain to me why I am unable to connect to the network, make a call, receive text, i.e. Please offer insight.

12 REPLIES 12
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LGV30+ Unlocked activated but no service

I need to make sure I'm on the same page as you. You bought the phone from this company, and you have a Sprint account, correct? Also, the phone is active on your Sprint account? Please, send me a private message with your Sprint phone number and PIN or security answer.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman JK1
Journeyman

I can provide you with whatever you need. I've been with sprint for several years. Is the for able to be used on your network is the question I can't seem to have answered.

The unlocked verison of the phone is compatible with our network, but we're not accepting it as a BYOD at this time. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman JK1
Journeyman

Is there any rhyme or reason as to why it isn't being accepted at this time when Sprint offers it on the website but only as an "out of stock" item?

Journeyman JK1
Journeyman

Please also post a link to the acceptable BYOD list as when I purchased this phone I believe the LG 30 and LG 30+ were on that list.

I'm going to send you a private message to get the IMEI of the phone, so I can check it out. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I am having same problem.  Phone will show as a connectable phone. I can swap it with my Sprint LG G5.  Phone seems to be on BYOD list.  But once "connected" will not let me call....no mobile network available.

Hi FLGMAN66, we'll need to get some additional information from you. Just to confirm, did you run the phone through the BYOD checker for Sprint? If so, and things are looking good on the BYOD tool, shoot me a PM and we can access your account and take a look at things behind the scenes for you.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring-your-phone-to-sprint.html 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

GrandMaster

the list of currently accepted devices. the LG V30S is listed but not the V30/V30+

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Is-My-Phone-Eligible-for-BYOD-...

LG

G7 ThinQ (G710ULM)

Stylo 4 (Q710UL)

V30S (US998)

V35 ThinQ (V350ULM)

V40 ThinQ (LM-V405QA)

X charge (US 601)

@JK1 wrote:
Please also post a link to the acceptable BYOD list as when I purchased this phone I believe the LG 30 and LG 30+ were on that list.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

@FLGMAN66, I wanted to check in with you on the LG G5. Were you still needing help with the phone? Please provide the IMEI in a private message. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman JK1
Journeyman

I am no longer looking to resolve the issue with this phone. Sprint's network will not accept it for unknown reason to me and EVERY Sprint Representative I've worked with. In short I have returned the device. This is truly a disappointment that BOYD isn't really that. I am considering other options both with and without Sprint. Thanks

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.