cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Option... Not able to connect to LTE & 3G is useless...

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE Option... Not able to connect to LTE & 3G is useless...

Should I have the option to choose LTE network only? The list I am provided gives me LTE/CDMA option, CDMA, Global... I don't have a sole LTE option. I have an HTC One M9 phone. I have unlimited data service, but hardly ever in any consistent manner, am I able to connect to LTE. Furthermore, when I am connected to 3G, I am still unable to connect to websites, stream, etc., the above renders my device useless as a smart phone. If anyone can provide insight and direction into the above, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the HTC 10 and have similar choices. From my experience, LTE is for data and CDMA is voice. If you have WiFi enabled and it is stronger signal than LTE, it will revert to WiFi and CDMA for voice only. LTE isn't used for voice as far as I know, but I think it is linked some how since my phone does the same thing.

Highlighted

CDMA is voice and 3G..LTE would be your 4G.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Thanks for the clarity regarding CDMA, 3G, LTE. I am truly appreciative of your insight regarding CDMA.

I am mostly concerned about the 3G and LTE options and connectivity issues to the internet. I am unable to choose to use one or the other(3G or LTE) and neither are allowing me to be connected to internet in a meaningful way(more than five minutes at a time). There was a time(when I had my Evo) that I was able to choose either 3G or LTE/4G. However, now I don't have the option to choose, "it" chooses for me, I presume based on signal strength. I wonder why there is no option to choose one or the other.

I find myself constantly turning on/off LTE to airplane mode to in an attempt to be reconnected to the internet and maintain a connection. SO frequently, I ghet one or two bars for LTE and/or 3G and neither of those options allow me to connect to the internet. I have no idea why I am having this program, but it requires a lot of time and energy and headaches, to connect to internet. My hope is to get assistance with the establishment and maintenance of a strong connection to LTE that will allow for me to be/remain connected to the internet. I'd even be happy with 3G connection, if it will actually allow me to maintain a consistent connection to the internet, stream videos. and the like.  

Insight and direction regarding the above, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Lucy

Highlighted

Hello Lucy-Lu, allow us the opportunity to assist you and improve your experience with us. Since when do you experience this inconvenience? Does it happen in one or several locations? Do you know of any other users who experience the same problem? Does this occur inside or outside buildings? Does the problem also relate to calls and text? Does your device has the latest software?

We'd like to take a look at your area coverage, in order to do so, please provide us your nearest cross streets and ZIP code, so that we'll be able to accurately research the specific location.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hello Sprint_Mayorin,

Thanks for your reply. I've been experiencing this problem over the past 3-6months... The problem occurs in various locations(at work, at home, etc.,) inside of buildings & outside of buildings. I am not very social and am not sure of other users experiences. This problem is primarily related to internet connection. Issues with calls and texts in no way compare to my internet connectivity issues. Yes, I often check for software updates and they are current. Cross streets... 7th & Randolph Sts NE 20017. 

I am hopeful you will be able to assist with resolution. Thanks for your efforts. 

Lucy

Highlighted

Thanks for the info Lucy-Lu, after reviewing your area, we see that there is good coverage and everything is working properly. Please follow these steps to update the data profile:

1. Press the Home key then tap Apps > Settings.
  2. Tap System updates.
  3. In System Updates, tap Update profile.
  4. The phone displays  Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait.
  5. Once complete, phone displays: The update is complete and changes will now be applied. Press OK to continue.
  6.   Press Home key.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Good Day,

Thanks again, for responding. Unfortunately, this does not help my internet connectivity issue. I have taken the steps you provided, many times, to no avail. Could it be a problem with the sim card causing this or something else? Not being able to maintain a connection to the internet for any significant amount of time is rendering this phone & service quite useless.  Thanks again for your willingness to assist.

Highlighted

Good morning! Let's try doing the following troubleshooting steps and then let's see how it goes.

• Step 1:From the home screen, tap Phone.
  • Step 2: Dial ##72786#. (Note: The final # will not appear on the screen. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.)
  • Step 3: Once the activation is complete, tap OK.
  • Step 4: Once the PRL is updated, tap OK.
  • Step 5: Tap OK to restart the device.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

@Lucy-Lu sorry. my computer and this site tend to squabble pretty often so i tend to miss notifications lol. you should be able to go into your phones settings-mobile settings and change it from what im guessing is set to automatic and change it to CDMA only..that would force it to only snag 3G..the options should be automatic, CDMA/LTE and CDMA Only. which phone is this?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.