Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease Ripoff

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lease Ripoff

I leased an iPhone 6 a few years ago against my better judgment (Sales Person convinced me I would be able to buy the phone early as well as the iPad they said would be free with the monthly credit which it wasn’t). I have been with Sprint for over 17 years and while they acknowledge that I called to purchase the phone a few months before the lease was up they are refusing to acknowledge that they told me I would own it outright after it was fully paid for. I have now paid over $1800.00 for an 800.00 phone and they want to charge me an additional 150.00 to keep it. They refuse to refund the overcharge. This is no way to do business. Especially not with a customer who has been loyal for over 17 years. I don’t want to get into another lease and I don’t want to buy a phone I already paid for. This is so unethical.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Lease Ripoff

I've received your private message also. I'll be working with you through it. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot respond to your PM. I

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are dealing with the same issue and we have been with Sprint for 20 years with 5 lines. Did you get this figured out? Our case is supposedly being reviewed and we will get a response in 10 days. If they do not take care of this I am done with Sprint. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

After multiple phone calls & having it escalated, they finally agreed to refund half the overcharges as a credit on my bill. I ended up buying a new phone outright and they were supposed to send me something to return the old phone in, but I still haven’t received it. It wasn’t resolved to my satisfaction, but half is better than nothing and I didn’t want to waste more time on the phone going in circles. FYI... a refund of that size is more than most representatives are allowed to give, so you will absolutely need to get a supervisor involved so that they can pass it to someone “higher up “.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping that Sprint makes things right but if they don’t, I am taking my business to another carrier. 

Highlighted

I can check on that return kit for you and make sure that makes its way to you.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was prepared to leave as well. I have 4 lines and cancelled with AT&T 17 or 18 years ago after having to spend an entire day on the phone with them. I have no problem with walking away from a company that treats good customers as just another number. I think they should have a special team with a different phone number to handle long term customers. Sort of like a Thank You & we appreciate your loyalty, but unfortunately Sprint is not worried about retaining customers. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

hate to say it but you'll be either leasing a phone or purchasing it outright with any other carrier you jump to...

@Bmurry71 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping that Sprint makes things right but if they don’t, I am taking my business to another carrier. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@Jeszabelle, I wanted to check in with you. I'm unable to access your account again without your security information. Please send your PIN or security answer in a PM.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.