cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty/Retentions discount

Highlighted
Journeyman

Loyalty/Retentions discount

Feeling everyone's pain. I've been a customer for over 16 years and I've been on the phone with Sprint for hours more than once plus an hour via chat plenty of times, but they have offered no assistance in offering me what they're offering their newer customers,  I was a legacy customer and finally switched to a newer plan, and I was told by one agent that I could get the S9+ for half price (around $14 a month or so), well apparently it wasn't true. Why newer customers get better deals? Why I can get the same deal, why after been loyal to Sprint i get to pay more than someone who just sign up? I am not asking for a free phone, but if you want to keep my business give me the same deal as the new one. Where is our incentive!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

I understand what you are saying and we do appreciate our loyal customers. With the promotional pricing, you have to add a line. I can always check the special promotions that we have available for you. Just send me a private message with your name, phone number, and PIN.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Highlighted

I dont consider adding a line a deal. When I currently have 2 lines already. Leaving sprint and going with another carrier to get better deals is a deal...Lol.
Highlighted

which would make you a new customer to them where you would be getting the "new customer" promo...which in 2 years you will be asking them why you are not being offered the same deals as THEIR new customers..

wash rinse repeat.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

It may be "wash, rinse, repeat" every two years, but that doesn't mean there's no value in that, as a business decision.  The marketing campaigns for attracting new customers abound among the four major carriers.  to the extent that loyal, bill-paying customers appear to get the shaft when it comes to promos.   Take the Note 9 deals, for instance:   I was told that I had a special offer, that I could upgrade to this for "only $41.67".  I asked what the regular price was... "$41.67".   So, for an account that's pumped well over 6 figures into this company over 23 years, my "special offer" is full price.  I pointed out that Verizon and AT&T both offer Buy 1 Get 1 "free" (24 months bill credits) for the same device.   So, really quick, I was told of the "special offers" for my eligible lines.   I had myself a good laugh.   "Sorry, I was interested in upgrading, not downgrading".   Really?   the BEST deal my  account is eligible for is a discount on some cut-rate model phone?  To be fair, I'm holding off because I don't care for the color options on the GN9, and am waiting on the black model, or maybe something else, unless I'm only eligible to downgrade, still,  so it's not such an issue.   But, I've got a few lines that are, or very soon will be eligible, and if "full price" is the option, I can easily see them taking a hike and maybe coming back later (depending on who has the best deal).   2 for $37, or 1 for $42... 

I've heard them read off the script every call about "thanks for your business for so many years", but I don't feel it so much any more.    I've seen better from Sprint.   I've seen the loyalty "perks" come and go.   I get that times are different in the era past subsidized devices, but that doesn't mean that retaining isn't worthwhile.   I would think that from a business standpoint, retaining a large, long-term, bill-paying account is as good of an objective as attracting a new account that may or may not make it to six months before being shut off for non-payment.  

Highlighted

unfortunately this is how the carriers work now. pretty much the same across the board when it comes to new customers/long term customers.

there are however deals that spring up here and there from the OEM/vendors themselves..which might be a option to look at..meaning look at the deals for purchasing directly from Samsung..or apple..or whomever..unlocked or even carrier locked devices specific to certain carriers.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

You're right there about OEM or 3rd Party options.   Sometimes you can get quite the deal from that.   And, then sometimes they've got the same restrictions the carrier does.    

But, as for how other carriers operate, that seems a very "oh well" attitude.    Other people have the same complaints on other carriers' forums,  so why bother, since it will be the same?  Perhaps so.   Assuming that this is an industry-wide trend to attract, but not retain;  then it may just be the logical move to take the best deal, rather than stick around for no deal.  Paul's commercial becomes a double edged sword here.  "there's only a 1% difference" means that "you" probably won't notice much except in the bill.   From my perspective, and my experience over the decades, the continued decrease of anything "loyalty" based to retain is making this feel like they're having a fire sale in anticipation of the T-Mobile sale being approved.

Highlighted

but if that were the case Sprint would be the only one not kicking out loyalty deals. which isnt the case. the admin that popped into the other thread you posted in mentioned that they are working on bringing back some loyalty deals but its still in the works. which doesnt help currently.

Highlighted

A couple of internet searches with "Sprint" and "loyalty" pop up threads in the Community for a couple years discussing this very topic.   So, it's been being kicked around for a while.   In the meantime, what?   Like I pointed out on that other thread, if retention isn't a priority,  the costs may very well be worth it, depending on one's circumstances.   I've crunched a few numbers on this, and found that short some incentive, there's nothing lost but a part of a bill from a (potential) change.  But, like I said elsewhere; at this moment, it feels like Sprint is in fire sale mode with the merger under consideration.  Best Buy didn't even have the Buy 1 Get 1 for Sprint, even though they had it for the othercarriers, and had it for previous models.   I will hold out a bit of hope, though, as I neither had the need nor incentive to upgrade at the moment, but in a couple months, that will change with some of the lines and we'll see what is offered.

Highlighted

while you were searching the web did you by chance pull up Verizon, ATT or TMO along with loyalty? thats how i get all my examples that i use..direct from the sources.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.