Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Attempts at Getting Help From Sprint's Inept Customer Support

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

My Attempts at Getting Help From Sprint's Inept Customer Support

I bought a Sprint HTC One Max on Ebay. I took it to the Sprint store two Fridays ago to have it activated, and the IMEI gave an error. Store manager "I've never seen that error before". I called customer support from the parking lot. I was basically told they didn't know what was wrong, and that they would open a support ticket to have it sorted. I contacted support through chat on Monday, and the support ticket had been closed with no reason given.  Went through the whole thing again, and was told the same things. Contacted them again through chat Tuesday, and the support ticket had been closed again. Reason given, "Incompatible phone model". Tech support reopened the ticket and escalated it to high priority. Contacted them again Thursday, again the support ticket has been closed yet again. Reason given, "Insufficient phone information", despite being given the IMEI DEC, IMEI HEX, model number, and my contact info. But I was assured "There's a dedicated team working on it", and that they would give me a call. Still haven't recieved a call. I logged into my account today, went to activate phone, put in the IMEI, and still recieve "Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again.". Doing research, what I've discovered is that the phone was probably activated on another network and the IMEI was removed from the Sprint database and needs to be re-added. I'm ready to switch to a company with real customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES
Master

Re: My Attempts at Getting Help From Sprint's Inept Customer Support

Once a phone has been added to the carriers network, it's always available on the network. I've never heard of them removing it as they can't tell if it's on another carriers network.

Are you sure it's an actual Sprint device and not another carriers HTC ONE? It can take some time to get a compatible device added as a special team had to do this. But if the device isn't truly a Sprint device there will be nothing they can do.

Under settings in the about section, what model number does it say? I'm finding that there are 2 distinct versions for Sprint and Verizon, not 1 for both.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thank you for responding. When I turn it on, it says Sprint Spark. And there are some Sprint apps, like Sprint Zone and Sprint Worldwide. The model number is HTC0P3P7.

Master

Well, everything you have described definitely sounds like a Sprint device. I've reached out to some Sprint reps, hopefully one of them can help.

Speaking from experience, I've gone through the process of adding an IMEI to the system, takes time to find the right person or persons that can get it done as it's not a normal customer service function.
Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Sprint Social Care

altern881, I know this is confusing and I want to get down to the bottom of it. Please reply to the private message I sent you so that we can look into this further.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

For anyone reading this in the future, a Sprint rep was able to help me. I'm posting from the phone I was having issues with. If you have issues like I did and aren't getting help through phone or chat support, it's a good idea to post here. I also want to thank smotrs for getting me help.
Journeyman

I can't get help either. They were running a special when we got our phone. 65 for the unlimited service, 33 to pay for the phone= $99. they added 4 free phones. I said, "We don't need them." He says, "They're free and everything is $99. you can't lose. Now they are billing me for $187.52 -$33. for the free phones. That comes to $155.22--No way. There is no way we'd agree to that. My wife still has Verizon. I wish I would have kept them. Now I am trapped in with these lying, cheating people. There is no way of getting rid of any of these phones, and they are still trying to overcharge me. I can't get anyone to understand. I will not recommend them to anyone, and I will begin bad-mouthing them, they should not be able to get by with this. They have done it every month, but then when I call they give me a refund. The woman I talked to this time would not even do that. What should I do? I can't even find a way to email them. 

Journeyman

I have had some of the worst customer experiences with Sprint. Customer for 15 years and have paid Sprint well over $70,000 in that time. If your bill is late, or you want to upgrade, or pay them more money... it's surprising how intuitive and easy they make it. Need help with something, have a problem or an issue? Just try to find an email for them. The number you call sends you through loops to get to someone who is nice, but won't be able to help you. Sprint doesn't care about anyone but themselves, so as a selfish giant company, they're pretty great. But as a compassionate corporate citizen, they fail miserably. From the behemoth, sluggish website filled with bugs they make us wade through, to the labrynth of automation you have to go through to talk to someone, to the lack of really being there when people need them, they are just truly awful... one of the worst I've ever had to deal with. The only one I would say was worse was the local cable company.

Need to find a place to pay your bill? Oh that's easy... they have two or three ways you can get to that page. But have a support issue or problem? "Try the community pages where our customers try to answer your questions." Thanks Sprint.

Journeyman

15 year Sprint customer. Welcome to Sprint. (It wasn't always that way, but they've fallen into an abyss). I'll be leaving them as well.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.