cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HTC U Ultra - Unlocked

Highlighted
Journeyman

New HTC U Ultra - Unlocked

Can the new New HTC U Ultra - Unlocked be activated on Sprint?  I would start this on a new board or general HTC board, but that doesn't seem to be an option.  Due to Sprints severe lack of timely updates that have been already released by both the manufacturer and other carriers, I have very little desired to ever buy another carrier option from Sprint directly.  

If the phone is still supported for updates by the manufacturer, Sprint should keep up with the updates, and I am not talking about immediate or within weeks, I mean in 90 days or so is reasonable.  If not, they should stick with the clean versions and not overlay their software and cut the overhead of that all together, making both a quicker turn time for releases and less overhead for support on their end. Not to mention a more secure device for the customer, but missing the last 6 months of security updates becuase you have arbitrarily stopped supporting models is gross negligence on Sprints part. 

2 REPLIES 2
GrandMaster

Re: New HTC U Ultra - Unlocked

if you want a device that gets updates quickly then go with a Nexus phone...its not exactly new that carrier branded devices take longer to get any updates rolled out to them. its been the same way since the original Evo days.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Re: New HTC U Ultra - Unlocked

nida12, to answer your questions regarding the device, no, the HTC Ultra cannot be used on Sprint as a ''Bring your own device'' You can find the list of compatible devices @ http://sprint.co/22VOV25

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.