cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coverage with Sprint

Journeyman

No coverage with Sprint

I am posting this post to help anyone who is considering switching to Sprint, or for anyone who currently has Sprint. I hope no one ever has to go through what I have went through the last four days with Sprint. I'm sure Sprint will remove this post since it's a negative post, however I will continue to make sure everyone knows how badly Sprint treated me and my husband, who mind you, have been loyal Sprint customers for almost 10 years.

Recently, I had to relocate from California to Oregon for work. The area I relocated to in Oregon is a rural town, in a rural area. The nearest city is exactly 20 miles from my house. I live in a wooded area, that is surrounded by a lot of trees and mountains. Upon relocating, my husband and I realized our cell phones lost service at our property. My husbands phone said No Service and mine switched back and forth between No Service and 1x serivce. We were both unable to use our telephones, internet, GPS services, etc. He was not able to do anything on his phone, and all I could do was send a text message, but it was slow. Even in our town, that is not as rural as our property, both of our phones claimed to get 4G LTE service but it acted like it was barely on 3G, our phones were slow, GPS services still were not working, my imessages were so slow, and we couldnt use any apps or internet still.

So I called Sprints Customer Care and I spoke with a man, informed him of everything that was happening, and he proceeded to check the Sprints coverage map and he told me on the phone ON A RECORDED line that he was seeing that our house was in an area that was NOT COVERED BY SPRINTS TOWERS and we did not receive cell phone reception, and there wasnt any cell towers within 10 miles of my home. He then said that my only option was to proceed with terminating my contract with Sprint and he advised that since he found my house was in fact not in a coverage area, that i was eligible to get out of my contract and not have to pay any Early Termination Fees. He then emailed me an email that described our previous phone call, he said in the email that my address was not covered in Sprints coverage area, and advised me to follow the directions in the remaining email. The directions said to forward the email to the department that handles early terminations, and to also attach proof of residency at my address. At the end of our phone conversation he advised me that I was able to get out of my contract, so I went the following morning and started a new contract with a cell phone provider that provided coverage in the area, since I was told by the representative after sending that email, my coverage would be terminated.

I attached that to my email and provided my drivers license and a utility bill, and teo days later I recieived an email from the cancellation department advising that I was unable to cancel because accoridng to their maps, I was in a coverage area that provides great cell phone service. Thats obviously not true, I am physically here and I am not getting ANY service. I responded to the email, and its now been three days and I havent received a response, and I probably never will.

So I called customer care, and they advised now that my house was in a good coverage area and I should be receiving 4G LTE service. I advised them I was not, and then the customer service associate said there must be a tower down in the area. Funny, because the orginal associate I spoke with advised that I wasn't even within 10 miles of a cell phone tower. The customer service associate then said my only option was to keep my service, or cancel and pay a $918 cancellation fee.

I was obviously very frustrated after hearing that. So now, that was my second attempt at trying to resolve this issue. I then reached out a step further. I drove 20 miles to the closest Sprint store, and attempted to talk to that stores manager. I figured speaking with a manager at a local store may work better because they will be familiar with the area and understand the rural part. When I went into the store, I was greeted by 3 associates and two managers. I was the only customer in the store, so all of the employees listened to my situation. They then checked their coverage maps, and they said that their maps in the store also showed that I should have good service. Here's where it gets interesting. The store manager used to live down the road from my current address. He even advised that my area does not get service from Sprint, he had Sprint while living out there and he understood what I was going through. Another associate added that theres hardly any cell phone providers that get service where I live, and he even recommended I find a service provider that will buy out my contract with Sprint, because thats the only way Sprint would let me out. He said they make all of their maps show coverage, even in areas that do not have service. So, you can imagine how upset I was after hearing that.

I then tried to call customer service one more time. After getting no where, I just decided to cancel. There was no way I should continue to pay $243 a month for two phones that do not work. Upon trying to cancel, I was transferred to their resolutions department and the person I spoke with advised that I should be having 4G LTE where I lived. Here we go again... so after re-explaining my situation, he said that I should stick with Sprint and just buy a wifi signal boosting device, which would add an additional $30 to our bill every month, totalling $273 a month, which is absurd.I almost choked on my water, that was insane. So I requested to cancel. He now told me my termination fee was going to me $1,250. Ummm..I was just told two days ago that the cancellation fee was $918, now it jumped almost $350 dollars? He would not explain the difference, and was rude. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, the line mysteriously went quiet, and I heard a click and my call ended! HE HUNG UP ON ME! How inappropriate, and he also told me that I could not make payments on the early termination fee, it was to be paid in full. I live paycheck to paycheck, I can not afford that!But my phones will not work.

So Sprint doesnt keep their employees on the same page, they change early termination fees daily, they do not care about loyal customers, and they expect me pay 243 a month for phones that do not work. I am so disappointed and so upset.
2 REPLIES 2
GrandMaster

Re: No coverage with Sprint

what is your zip code and the closest cross streets to the home area?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Re: No coverage with Sprint

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that we strive to provide the utmost level of customer service. Allow us to take a deeper look into this. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.