cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging and no help!

Journeyman

Overcharging and no help!

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and am fed up! In September I was offered the "free" newly activated phone line for being a loyal customer. I was already up for upgrades so I figured "why not? Perfect timing"...it's been a billing nightmare ever since!  I setup a new line as the "reward" instructed and upgraded ny husband's phone to the Note 9 under the 50% promotion that was going on at the time and got a new tablet. Later, I canceled 2 phone lines not needed anymore and an old tablet line on my account. The new Tab and phones came super quick and were working great, then we got the bill.....$1500!! No way!! The "free" line is not free at all! The upgrade was put under the wrong # so when I canceled the unused line I got hit with upgrade and early disconnect fees all on a line I wasn't evan using anymore! The I have contacted Sprint at least 20 times ever since and keep getting different excuses, no solutions, apologies, etc...., every one has said they are going to have the account looked at by the next support tier, but yet no one has called or emailed to resolve this! I've had to explain these issues so many times and some agents try to act like they are listening but they aren't. They all say what comes up on the computer screen and some act like I did something wrong or I'mtrying to cheat them!  I'm tired of the run around, the outrageous charges, terrible service, quickly rising prices and hidden non-applicable to me charges. Not worth the stress!

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Overcharging and no help!

It sounds like you've been through a lot. It also sounds like you've encountered a lot of misrepresentation through that store. Was the 50% off Note 9 added to the new line or the existing line? Was it started on the new line and then moved to the existing line? To ensure proper eligibility on a phone promotion, we require it to stay on the line it's started on. Swapping it onto an existing line will forfeit the promotion credits/discounts. I'm not completely sure why you were offered a "free" line, these promotions are typically reserved for new customers on a limited time basis. I'm happy to review the account, however, I can't guarantee I can change anything that has already been applied. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I finally have someone actually looking into the account now, like pen and calculator looking! But, to answer your question, the 50% promo was supposed to be on an existing line and the "free" line was a new line on the account. Then when someone was trying to "fix" something it got switched to a different line (conveniently one that was canceled) entirely! So bad made worse made really bad ordeal

Oh wow. Definitely sounds like you've been through a lot. So, you have someone from Customer Care working on this for you, correct? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Yes, but I've had a lot of people look at it so I'll cross my fingers and not hold my breath! Thank you though! 

You're welcome. After today, I'll be back on Wednesday. If you need me, let me know.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Ok RedCruzr_Sprint you're up! They have failed to e en give me an update or any information about what's going on! Grrrrrrr!

Alright, let me check on this. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.