cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not UNLOCKED, Sprint shows unlocked

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone still not UNLOCKED, Sprint shows unlocked

I have grown with so much frustration with UNLOCKING my Samsung S7 Edge. I have been over 10 reps and all of them have different reasons as to why my phone is not unlocked.  They all say that there really isn't much they can do because on their end the system  says it is unlocked.  Why buy a phone with Sprint when no one can unlock my phone once it has been payed for?  I went to all the carriers and they have all told me that my phone does not work with their carrier as the phone is LOCKED.  I left to MVNO that accepted me but threw me back to the SPRINT Network because my phone wont accept anything else.  

I have don't the UICC instructions.  I have updated my profile.  I am not sure what else I can do so I can use this is a different carrier.??????   HELP

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Phone still not UNLOCKED, Sprint shows unlocked

The first thing we need to do is determine if the phone is unlock eligible. Did this phone come from your Sprint account? Is your account still active?

Once we've determined it's eligibility, the phone needs to be set up to receive the signal. SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. The phone is original from Sprint. I had requested the unlock about 8 month ago and sprint said it was unlocked. Last month, I left sprint thinking that I can leave to another carrier. Turns out that straight talk could not place me on any towers but Sprint. So, I am on straight talk using sprint towers. I am also using the original sim from sprint

Highlighted

Alright. Let me check the locked status of the phone. I'm going to send you a private message to get the IMEI.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel your pain. I've been trying for over two weeks and the same.... every CSR that works for Sprint gives me a different reason or no reason at all. The latest was that the 'department' that unlocks phones was closed.. Really? That's the best they came up with. I'm frustrated with these guys. I'm just looking forward to getting my phone unlocked and calling it a day. Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

After numerous times with million different excuse.. no one knows how to unlock...some will say its unlocked when it's really not. I have given on sprint... I DO NOT recommend buying any phones from SPRINT. Sorry to hear about your issue

Highlighted

Hi Jey1175. I'd be glad to check in on your phone and see what's going on with your unlock request. I'm going to send you a PM so I can get a little more info from you to start researching. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

im going throught the same thing my iphone xs max was paid in full!!!!!! been with sprint on the phone for a week straight no one can help me i feel like im being played with! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally unlocked, no one should have to go thru so much to get the phone that they actually own unlocked.. Will never happen again. Goodbye Sprint. 

Highlighted

Hey Gabip123! How long has that XS Max been active on your account? We do require phones to be active for a minimum of 50 days before we will unlock the phone, paid in full or not. Once it's been active for 50, we'll be more than happy to unlock that iPhone for you!

If it has been active for that long, send me a PM with the following info, and I'll be able to submit the unlock request.

• Your first and last name
  • Your phone number
  • Your Sprint PIN or the answer to your security question

i sent you a pm i called customer care and there saying its unlocked!! i need help to get this resolved!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes.. sprint does the same thing to everyone. First they make sure that your account is paid in full. They will then try to unlock a phone but it simply wont work anywhere else. DO NOT BUY FROM SPRINT. The phones will never be unlocked

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.