cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still not UNLOCKED, Sprint shows unlocked

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Phone still not UNLOCKED, Sprint shows unlocked

weird...seeing as how the usual culprit with unlocks is the device is either shut off or removed from the account before the unlock code can make it to the device (device needs a data connection with the Sprint sim card in it AND turned on in order to receive the code)...which can take a few days depending on a number of things...for example..they need more info from you...or the fact that the department that handles unlocks doesnt work on weekends....

then again some devices can not be unlocked due to lack of info..for example you purchased a phone from someone and THEY didnt follow through with getting the phone unlocked..unless you have the prior owners info it can not be unlocked..

so with the above being said...what was the issue you ran into @TWong1972 ?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone was Samsung s7. Phone was paid off awhile ago. Around October, I called to have it unlocked. Spring said no problem..wait for couple of days and it will be done. A few days later a text came in stating it was complete.

April of this year, after 10 years with sprint. I cancelled  my account and tried to sign up to any other carriers and was unsuccessful. My phone was not compatible in any of the carriers. I later signed back up with sprint start up. At $25. Just really tired of the bull crap. There is no possible way that my "unlocked" wont work in any carriers. Everyone has tried and no one has ever gotten my phone unlocked.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yeah, that does make sense.  Not really a Sprint issue with the S7 because the only S7's that could go from carrier to carrier was the S7 Special Edition purchased directly from Samsung.  Any S7 purchased from any carrier could be unlocked, but more than likely would not work.

@TWong1972 wrote:

My phone was Samsung s7. Phone was paid off awhile ago. Around October, I called to have it unlocked. Spring said no problem..wait for couple of days and it will be done. A few days later a text came in stating it was complete.

April of this year, after 10 years with sprint. I cancelled  my account and tried to sign up to any other carriers and was unsuccessful. My phone was not compatible in any of the carriers. I later signed back up with sprint start up. At $25. Just really tired of the bull crap. There is no possible way that my "unlocked" wont work in any carriers. Everyone has tried and no one has ever gotten my phone unlocked.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you said what the issue is right here...its not that it isnt unlocked..its not compatible with any of the other carriers. most carriers will have a section of their site like the one Sprint has here that shows which devices are allowed and which are not.

question though..when you received the text saying it was unlocked..did you perform the steps needed AFTER you receive the unlock signal that fully unlocks it?

Sprint says my phone is unlocked.  Now what?

• Open the dial pad of the phone and enter # # 72786 # # (there should be no space between the characters)
    • Select "Yes" when prompted to reset the system setting to factory Default
    • Your phone will restart at least once.  
    • For Most Android: After the phone has restarted go to Settings > System Updates and click the following:
      • Update PRL
      • Update Profile
      • UICC Unlock
  •  

@TWong1972 wrote:

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.