Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port information online?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Port information online?

Hello,

I have been trying to port my number from FreedomPop to Sprint for about a week now. The information on their website and the information emailed to me has been given to Sprint many times. Still, for some reason, the port is not going through. I realized that my name was misspelled in my account, and I activated it over the phone. I have submitted a request to correct that, by the way. However, I understand that spelling out information over the phone may still be misunderstood. Since the port information is kind of complicated and it has to match exactly, is there any way I can give Sprint my porting information online, so I can copy and paste what's in my account with the other carrier? I've talked to over 10 Sprint representatives in the past week, and I want to make sure I will get my BYOD 1-year free unlimited plan. Sprint has my SSN, card information, everything, except the correct information to port the phone. I just want to make sure I won't lose the offer in the middle of this porting nightmare.

Thank you!
Nando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Port information online?

Hi Nando. Let's take a look at your account and see what's going on, specifically. I'm going to shoot you a PM so we can get some additional details.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Port information online?

To wrap around on this issue, I was able to determine that the issue holding up the port was due to a naming error on the account. This issue was resolved by receiving a copy of the customer's ID for verification on correct spelling so that the port-in process would match the customer on both sides. Once the spelling error was sorted out we were able to restart the port-in process which is slated to be completed soon. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.