cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder Note9

Highlighted
Journeyman

Preorder Note9

Sprint is a joke. I have been with Sprint for 10 years and spent 3 hours between yesterday and today trying to preorder the Note 9. I currently have a Note8 that is eligible for upgrade, but everytime Sprint sales dept tries to finalize the deal it keeps charging a $189.00 early termination fee when it shouldn't. Spent 3 hours on the phone with Sprint employees and no one could get it right!!! I have been with Sprint for 10 years, 5 phones unlimited plan, and no one can help me upgrade my eligible Note 8 for a preordered Note 9. Finding another carrier!!!!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
GrandMaster

Re: Preorder Note9

so you are wanting an agent to try and assist you in here on why youre running into this or you are NOT wanting someone to look into it and the agents can bypass stopping off in here?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just venting somewhere, theurapeutic...now I have 2 months to find another carrier.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

so you are wanting an agent to try and assist you in here on why youre running into this or you are NOT wanting someone to look into it and the agents can bypass stopping off in here?

GrandMaster

so no assistance needed from an agent correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Correct, leaving Sprint ASAP!

All the best.

Community Manager

I'd be interested to see what was going on in the system that it was trying to charge you an ETF @smecke but I don't blame you for being angry.  

If you change your mind and decide you want someone to look into this for you, please let us know.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

That is very kind of you. I have spent 5 hours with various sprint personnel over two days an dn o one has been able to solve the early termination fee issue...Giving one last try at 10 on wednesday. If they can't resolve what should have been a 40 minute project then I am leaving Sprint.

Journeyman

I had a similar situation last year when the Note 8 came out. I have had the Notes 2,3,4,7. So when they Bricked the Note 7s, which mine was working perfectly they gave me a stupid s7+, I hated it. So when the Note 8 came out, I tried to upgrade, they said I couldn't, because I hate to wait 12 months from when i got the s7+, I was like no, that wasn't by choice, we were forced because of the so called Note 7 Fire Fiasco (35 phones out of 150 Million) anyway. They were like it's just standard Sprint policy. I was like I understand, and I agree that policies have value and be enforced, but there needs to be an exception for the Note 7 Users. I argued for 3 days on 12 different phone calls, escalating every time. And always got the Same BS answer. I was like there's no way they are going to be able to tell all those note 7 customers. So I went to twitter, I hate twitter, I've made probably 5 tweets in 5 years, maybe less. I added all the sprint handles sprint, sprint customer care, and then all the admin including the CEO, and Then I added all the Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile accounts and top dogs. I then tweeted about how it was a shame that after 10 years as a loyal customer, that I couldn't upgrade over a deal that wasn't any customer's fault. Sprint says i have to wait 5 months, the other companies tell me I can have it on release date. I guess I'll be shopping around. 
Within the hour I has the CEO of sprint's personal assistant contact me, and said she would make sure I was approved of my upgrade. I was very thankful. I deleted the tweet. and the next day I was sent an email for the upgrade, and I got it no problems. a week later Sprint changed their policies for Note 7 buyers. 😊 This year I had no Problems upgrading. In fact I receive it today, they shipped it 2 days early. 😊😊 Good Luck

Community Manager

You'll be interested to find out, bwnotredrame that the team that works Twitter are part of the same group that work these boards.  Wherever possible, we're dedicated to solving those issues, big and small. 

I'm glad you've already got your phone, I had heard that might happen for some customers. Be sure to give us your thoughts about it in the Note 9 space!

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Yes Sir Will do, But the Pattern for Samsung has been that every other phone model is great, Even numbers on Notes, odd on S Series. And even though this is the Note 9, it's really their 8th Note. But I will keep you posted.
Journeyman

Note9.jpg

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.