cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional Manager Contact - Nebraska

Journeyman

Regional Manager Contact - Nebraska

December 9, 2018:   Ordered a phone upgrade for my daughter, Amelia.  Her phone number is .  We spoke to a rep on the phone who shipped her new iPhone 7 (refurbished) to our home address.

December 12, 2018: Phone arrived.  Amelia set the phone up and immediately began using the phone.

December 13, 2018: Phone began shutting itself down, restarting and giving the error message of “No Service.”  Amelia was unable to use her phone and reverted back to her old phone.

December 14, 2018: Amelia showed me the phone and expressed her concern that it was not working properly.  I used my “Sprint Complete” ap and contacted Sprint.  The kind gentleman who I was connected with attempted all avenues to get the phone to work.  Ultimately, I was told that iPhone 7s had a known defect and I would have to switch the phone out.  He connected me to the purchasing department who called the Sprint store on O Street in Lincoln.  She found the same phone for us and had the store hold the phone.  She also set-up an appointment for us on Saturday, December 15, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. to exchange the phones.

December 15, 2018: At 3:00 p.m. Amelia and I went to the Sprint store.  We were greeted by Justin.  We explained why we were there and Justin took us back to the service area.  Justin looked at the phone and claimed “I don’t know why you spent so much time on the phone with Sprint.  They don’t know what they are talking about.  I can fix the phone.”  Instead of exchanging the phone, Justin did something on the phone, which he did not explain, and claimed the phone was fixed.  When I asked what I was to do when the phone stopped working again, Justin claimed it would not. 

December 16, 2018:             In the morning, the phone stopped working again.  I contacted the same store and asked to speak to the manager.  I was told the manager was unavailable as he was on the floor and they were extremely busy.  The clerk took a message and I asked that I be called back that day.  I was never contacted by the Manager.  I then used my Sprint Complete ap and contacted Sprint again.  Again, they tried to fix the phone and I was informed that I would have to call Apple Support that they would either fix the phone or send me a new one.  I contacted Apple Support who also attempted to fix the phone and was informed that the phone was defective.  I was also told that since my phone was refurbished, I would have to give them $99 to repair the phone.  I did not feel this was acceptable.  I again contacted Sprint.  I was told that I would have to file a claim.  I contacted the claims department who claimed that they do not have an account for my phone and that they would have to create one.  I was to call the next day after they had the chance to create an account. 

December 17, 2018: I contacted the claims department.  They filed the claim an immediately told me that my claim was denied as I did not purchase a warranty for the phone.  She claimed that she would escalate my claim and get back to me.  I called the Sprint store on O Street and asked to speak to the manager.  I was told he was there but busy on the floor.  I again requested to speak to any manager and I was told he was not there but she could take a message.  I declined as the manager still had not called me back from the previous day.  I again used my ap and contacted Sprint.  The representative apologized for all the hassle.  She contacted the Sprint store on Pine Lake Road and set up an appointment for me to exchange my phone at 6:00 p.m. the following day.

December 18, 2018: At 6:00 p.m. Amelia and I went to the Sprint store on Pine Lake Road.  They gladly switched the phone with no trouble.

• All of this took approximately 10 hours of MY time to exchange a phone with known defects.
  • The manager of the O Street store, to this day, has never called me back. 
  • I was told during one of my conversations with Sprint that they would file a complaint on my behalf and that someone from corporate would contact me. No one ever has.
  • I was also offered a Free Tablet for my troubles. I asked about this again but the rep had no record of the offer.
  • If I had not upgraded my daughter’s phone, I would have closed my account. 
  • I am paying for service and lease on a phone that did not work for six (6) days.

I would like to contact the Regional Manager.

14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Regional Manager Contact - Nebraska

Hi Smashing. I'd be glad to take a look over your account for notes about a tablet if that is something you are still interested. I could help provide you with the store number if you need it, but you would need to go through the store to get the management and regional manager contact information.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I would be interested in the Tablet, however, they never specified Which tablet or what the strings were.  Also, I can't get the store manager to call me back - 2 messages left.  I am DONE with that store.

Also, I'll be taking the info you provided on the store based off the location you shared and will pass along some feedback.

I shot you a private message so I can get some account details from you and take a peek at your account about the tablet. 

Journeyman

Is it standard practice to make the customer jump through so many hoops to replace a defective phone?

It is never our goal to make our customers feel frustrated or upset with their service. The first time you brought the phone in, it should have been identified as being part of the population experiencing a known issue and been replaced then and there. 

I appreciate you sending along your account information in private chat and will be reviewing your account shortly.

Journeyman

Again.  Nothing.  I am really disappointed.  Speaks volumes about Sprint. For the amount of money I pay Sprint for their service, I would think SOMEONE could have called me, texted me, emailed me, wrote me a letter, apologizing for the absolute nightmare I had when I received a defective phone that Sprint sent to me.  Sprint had me, the paying customer, do all the work to fix my daughter's phone.  So dumb.  I guarantee you the only time I will hear anything from a Sprint representative is when I do not pay my bill.   

Journeyman

Hey @smashingmate  I know you are extremely frustrated behind this matter. It looks like the last representative that you spoke with concerning this situation gave you some info about the tablet offer and escalated you concerns to the correct channels back in December 2018. Is there another issue that has taken place?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

My issue is that instead of receiving an actual apology, I was offered a tablet, that I would have to ultimately purchase - Like I want to give you people and more money and purchase another item that may be defective where I would have to jump through the same hoops I did with this phone. 

I spent several hours on the phone, in the car, and at various shops over the course of several days to obtain a phone that was not defective.  Yes, me, the customer, did all of the work. 

I just do not understand why I could not just receive an apology from someone who is not a faceless person in your customer service division over the phone.  An apology, you know, that thing that civilized people do when they upset someone.   Is that really too much to ask?  If Sprint needs a definition, I could supply them with one.

This is not the first time I had issues with the store on O street.  2 years ago I had issues with that store.  Never got an apology then either.  They Forged my name on a lease (yes, that is illegal) and no one contacted me then either.  

I am sorry I such a burden to ask for something so mundane as an apology. 

Journeyman

We can get this escalated again for you. Furthermore let me say I'm sorry for the trouble with all this. 

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.