cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Deals - Current customers

Journeyman

Re: Retention Deals - Current customers

I had the same situation Turbo17. I spent a long period of time with a rep via private message and waited 2 weeks so that they could supposedly see the "loyalty deals" that weren't showing yet. Only to be given the exact same price listed on the website with no deals. I've been a customer with Sprint for 20 years without ever leaving and just want to receive the same deal a new customer would, but now it's looking like it's time to go. They don't care about the loyalty. Only want to open new accounts, so be it.

Journeyman

I figured this was a good place to share my story. Sorry it's kind of long. About 2 months ago I noticed our sprint bill was way too high (my wife normally pays this bill). After investigating I found I was being charged monthly for a phone I never received. I had ordered it through best buy and canceled before I received it because the deal wasn't what they made it out to be. Well sprint kept charging me even though it was never activated. After calling and telling the same story to more people than I can count,(for which they preceded to blame me and best buy). I finally got refunded. Fast forward to today when I took up a chat wanting to switch from my old 40gb plan to the unlimited plus for my 6 lines. I was not expecting to get a new customer price but was expecting some kind of discount for staying with sprint for 14 years and putting up with spotty coverage. Big surprise nothing.  After telling the lady that I was planning to stick around through the merger if it happened to see if things improved.  If not I was gone. I mean come one for an extra 30 dollars I could have at&t service and not have to deal with sprint anymore. She suggested I call retention and I told her I was tired of being transferred from person to person and ended the chat. It is no wonder sprint is in the shape it is in. 6 line for 14 years and you call me a liar and blame me for charging me. I don't think T-Mobile knows what it is getting into. Any suggestions?

Journeyman AM1
Journeyman

These guys are horrible!  I finally decided upgrade the phones because Sam's club was offering a nice gift card for a 1 day sale!  I spent 45 minutes the day before confirming with Sprint that I can take advantage of the sprint promo and the sam's club promo.  After they confirmed this...I woke up at 6am to wait in line and I got the 5 phones along with the gift cards from Sam's club.  I found out afterwards that Sprint was not going to honor their promo because it was on an installment plan instead of a lease...so I spend over 2 hours trying to have them switch it over (mind you it is the same $$ amount!!).  Bottom line is they said they can't do it, and won't do anything to help fix the issue.  They even called the CSR and confirmed that she had told me is was ok, even though that is not correct.  They offered me a $50 credit....this doesn't come close to the $200x5 phones = $1000 that I was expecting!  Not to mention the 3 hours it took on Saturday to get the phones and the 5 hours it took to return them all on Sunday.  Their whole system is slow and ridiculous. 

It is time to move on!  There is something to say about paying a little more for quality people and service!  It is sad to see Sprint go down the tubes!

Journeyman

This is incorrect.  I have 10 lines of service.  I've been trying to upgrade the phones for 4 lines.  I check my account weekly for deals. In the last year there had been nothing.  Not one deal that I can get to upgrade these phones. I've called repeatedly and gone into the store.  The only solution they ever offer is for me to cancel the line and then open a new line.  This would change my phone number, which I'm not willing to do. Absolutely ridiculous considering I have 10 lines on my account and spend hundreds of dollars a month with Sprint.  I am beyond frustrated. 

Journeyman

100% correct ckmsecret. I was told to wait a few weeks so they could check the "loyalty promotions" on my account as it hit the full year of my lease so I could upgrade. Shockingly, waiting that two weeks scored me the exact same price I could of gotten the day I asked, which was full price. No discount whatsoever even though I'm a 20 year customer. I'm not adding a line or creating a new account so I don't count for anything. That's ok. Letting my lease end and taking my business elsewhere. Actually contemplating breaking lease and going elsewhere sooner, but haven't decided yet.

Also, anyone else find it interesting that our thread has been moved to "problem solvers", a section of the forum you cannot see from the main page options and must use an email link to even get to? Guess they don't want anyone to see what we have to say.

Journeyman

Hi I am in similar boat I been with sprint over 18-19 years and currently have 5 lines all out of contract. I was hanging around until Christmas or New Years to see what deals I see I may end up just porting out to other carriers.

before doing so wanted to check what deals I can get? I don't want to trade anything in and I am looking to upgrade to iPhone xs max for all five lines.

sprint - please let me know what you can ?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi Shehzada. The quickest and easiest way to see what promos are available to you is to login at Sprint.com and take a look at what each of your lines is being offered. With the holidays around the corner, there are typically new promos popping up all the time.

If you want to shoot me a private message, I can get some account details from you and can take a look and see what's being offered for you as well. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.