cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

Journeyman

S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

There is no doubt the S5 has MAJOR ISSUES! I regret even buying the phone on Sprint's dragging network.

But one major issue that is really pissing me off is me not able to use my Internet while on a call. I upgraded from am HTC EVO 4G LTE and this was never an issue. I now have one of the most advanced phones in the world and it does not receive data on a call?

Is anyone else having this problem? Are all Galaxy's like this? This is my first Samsung smart phone.

Is there a fix?!

54 REPLIES 54
Master

Re: S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

ThisIsShellz-

Here to help! Are you trying to use data on 3G and talk at the same time? If this is the case neither the EVO 4G LTE, nor the Samsung S5, would be able to use data and voice at the same time. If you are connected to LTE or WiFI, you would be able to use data and voice at the same time. There is an exception to this with Sprint Spark. At this time you are unable to use data and voice while connected to Sprint Spark.

-Kris
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I was able to use the internet (data) while on a call with my galaxy s III, and I just upgraded to the s 5 and am very disappointed in the fact that I cannot use data while on a call now. Need to fix very soon...

Master

Thanks for reaching out rjms

Did you happen to be connected to wifi when you we're calling and surfing at the same time? Or we're you using normal phone data?
Let me know.

Krishel
Social Care
Journeyman

How do I send private message for payment arrangements. This is so confusing

Journeyman

I have told you click sprintcares and click send private message

Journeyman

Or call 1-888-211-4727

Master

Shanta_Valentine I'll be more than happy to assist you with this issue. Click on the Sprintcares logo and then you should be able to click where it says private message. Let us know if you need anymore help. Thank you. Mirleine Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I was able to use both my data while I was on my S3 phone at the same time. I'm having the same issue with my S5.

Master

YAVAUGHN - Thank you for posting. The S5 is not able to do both services because of the Spark capabilities of the phone.

Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

You have to be on a gsm network sprint and verizon are CDMA

Journeyman

My wife had the GS3 prior to this upgrade (GS5). And before the 3 she had the EVO 4G 3D and the EVO 4G...neither had an issue.  My Note 2 and the Note 3 do not have this issue and I can't understand why the S5 has this issue.  It has been said because of the Spark Network, but I don't know about that.  Seems that Sprint would have all the kinks worked out before showcasing such a force in the cellular industry.  It is definitely a con.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.