cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

Master

Re: S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

mrpettaway - I'm so sorry about this matter. I know how frustrating this issue must be for you. We are currently working on a fix for the issue with simultaneous voice and data (SVD) on Sprint Spark phones, this will be reconciled as soon as possible. We do appreciate your patience and your loyalty with us. - Kayan Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I hope you get it resolve soon. I appreciate that someone is now able to communicate as to why voice and data can't work at the same time. Right now Sprint you are backtracking and this isn't good.

Master

AS of now, no carrier supports Voice over LTE (VoLTE), so sprint is not the only one with this issue.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Sprint is the only one with the issue of voice and data working at the same time. Other individuals I know who have the S5 with other providers do not have the issue I'm having with my phone under Sprint.

Master

YAVAUGHN - I'm so sorry about this matter. I know how frustrating this issue must be for you. We are currently working on a fix for the issue with simultaneous voice and data (SVD) on Sprint Spark phones, this will be reconciled as soon as possible. We do appreciate your patience and your continued loyalty with us. - Kayan Sprint Social Care Team
Master

On my reply, I specifically said no one has VoLTE (Voice over LTE), if you ask any carrier they will say no they don't have that service.

they use 3G with LTE to accommodate that, just like S4 does on Sprint network.

I hope Sprint is rushing things on VoLTE or they will have many, many ppl mad about it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

oh? which provider would this be? the only carrier i know of that can do anything like this is att and i think tmo...thats it..verizon is currently trying to deploy something to allow this..i can post a link for you if you wish ...metro? nope..cricket maybe?...

have your research done before throwing out claims like this..many in here do our research well ahead of time before randomly tossing things out there.

VoLTE | Verizon Wireless Community

Limited Verizon iphone functionality | Verizon Wireless Community

No internet connection while talking on the phone. | Verizon Wireless Community

and since im feeling up to it a post from within...notice the date of the post?

•    

•       
    4.  Re: No internet connection while talking on the phone.
      ttipgem

Apple chose not to include the chip that would have enabled this on the Verizon iPhone.

It will be able on the next round of phones when Verizon rolls out VoLTE.

For me it's not a big deal. But each user should make decisions about what works best in their particular situation.

•   
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The person I checked that was able to do both at the same time had T-mobile.

I do in-depth research before purchasing anything. Since I had this phone, I have been having too many issues with it. Unfortunately I'm past the 14-day return otherwise I would've switched back to my S3.

GrandMaster

not trying to point a finger but you should have jumped into these forums before snagging that phone..the tri band devices prior to the S5's release had the same type of issues.

yah tmo and att are the only 2 that can pull this off..the rest are either working on it or are not to the point of needing it yet.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Oh, I know I'm at total fault. I wouldn't had thought that this would've been a big setback when it came to updating the network. I was due for an upgrade two months prior to getting the phone. I waited a month to get it and didn't think to come on the Forum for additional reviews regarding the network on the phone otherwise I would've waited until they fixed the network. The phone features is what enticed me to just go ahead and upgrade my phone. With the exception of the network this phone is great since I use it for personal and business.

Not having voice and data working together has its pros and cons. The major con that is a concern for me is that if you're stranded somewhere and need to locate a place on Google maps while talking on the phone to a friend, family, or whoever you would have to wait until you finish your conversation with the person on the phone and then do your search or keep calling, disconnecting to find a location, and calling again.

I guess we will have to wait and see what improvements Sprint will do on the network in the months ahead. *shrug*

GrandMaster

i dont think ANYONE had any idea this was going to be the case until they kicked out the second tri band device and it had the same issues as the very first one to kick out. this is a issue that has been noticed over on verizons forums as well..

Journeyman

Hey YAVAUGHN Sprint almost got me like that but I switched to verizon just before my 14 days was up now im on an S5 from verizon although I cant lie I almost went to tmo cuz they got download booster on their gs5 but yea its only sprint that doesnt allow talk and lte simultaneously dont be misled by these guys they tried that with me but im smarter than that I went to verizon and att and tmo and all have the ability to talk and surf the net simultaneously sorry you got stuck.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.