cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

Journeyman

Re: S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

Fireguy your totally misleading people here that limitation is only on iphones I gotta gs5 on Verizon and I got no issues at all thats cuz iphone is very limited on multitasking my gs5 does voice and lte simultaneously with no problems and my brother has it with tmo and he too can talk and surf the net simultaneously so your issue is you should switch from that iphone get a android like a gs5 or htc m8 or go to att thats the only carrier were iphone can do both.

GrandMaster

yah i must have made up those threads...shucks..you got me

i already have the M7..i can multi task without any issues as well as talk and browse while on LTE..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

walter113825 I'm afraid you are wrong on the iPhone limitation. My Wife has an iPhone 5 and a friend of mine has an iPhone 5s, and they both can talk and surf (in Sprint).

I'm quite sure fireguy_6364 would not make a fake website looking like a carrier's site just to fool ppl in here about what other users on other networks are complaining about.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

A lot of misinformation on this thread. Simultaneous voice and data have to do with the network, not phones or even carriers.  Here is the breakdown:

Sprint, Verizon = CDMA network = No simultaneous voice and data

T-mobile, AT&T = GSM network = simultaneous voice and data

HOWEVER, all of them CAN be simultaneous IF you are on Wi-Fi.

(It is rumored on the interwebs that Sprint and Verizon are both working on a work-a-round)

GrandMaster

not like you would think. as is with my M7 i can talk and browse while im on either wifi or LTE. this is because they have the cdma antenna for voice and 3G and a separate antenna for LTE..the new tri band devices on the other hand have 1 antenna that does CDMA and LTE..so it must dump one in order to use the other.. at least sprints version is this way..this goes for ALL the current tri band devices with sprint.

also if your screen name is also your phone number you might want to change that..public forum and now everyone and their mom knows it..plus its a site rule.

if you need help changing it let me know.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

3363274797, thanks for the info! We appreciate the feedback. Let us know if we can do anything to help. Have a great day! *Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

Hey firguy this guy 336 is funny didnt I just post that I talk and surf on LTE woth verizon. At&t and tmo also do it.

Journeyman

My wife has been on Verizon for about 2 year's she's been able to talk and surf on LTE from day one

GrandMaster

att and tmo can do it because they are GSM. verizon is currently running full tilt to get SVOLTE deployed. per their forums its up and going in quite a few areas but its not fully deployed yet..sprint on the other hand already has a deployment underway but not for SVOLTE..this was already in the works well before they started kicking out the tri band devices..another poster that is also a frequent of XDA did a write up on what people are seeing and why..but for the life of me i cant find it..apparently posts from a couple months ago are a bit harder to find in my feeds than i thought lol.

your wifes phones isnt tri band either..heck i can talk and browse as well but this isnt the case with the tri band devices currently available.

i'll post that write up when i find it. its pretty informative.

Journeyman

She had s3 then s4 thise arent but she just switched to s5 and it was seemless but yea sprint should have waited till their new network was ready cuz talk and surf is a big deal my entire company swithched to Verizon because of that your talkin about 30 accounts. In my business we need to be able to multitask.

GrandMaster

yah this is a big one for many people. personally im not a fan of being kicked off of say navigation when a phone call comes in. plus i use both voice and data quite often as is...and this is just for personal use...none business.

Journeyman

Oh yea that was the last straw for me I was looking for an address and the gps stopped when I got a call I was lucky I caught on to what was goin on and switched just before my 14 days was up if not I would have been stuck with sprint for 2 years. Anyway I just come here and try to inform others so they dont get trapped cuz it sucks that speint tries to be shady about it and once your past the return time you're stuck

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.