cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

Master

Re: S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

walter113825, We hate that you had to leave. We are here for you should you ever decide to come back. Lavauna-Sprint Social Care Team
GrandMaster

im thinking the next wave of tri band devices might have this ability come back..dont quote me on it though..anywho i'll be sticking with sprint for quite some time. just noticed LTE in my home town..which is a bit of a shocker since i figured they wouldnt be getting anything until later this year..nice speeds as well..one tower is testing out pretty well..the other is a bit down but both are in the test and tune phase so im not judging just yet until they are done.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Do you know when this issue will be fixed? When SVD will be enabled on the S5? I still can't believe they did not enable this on the S5, when earlier versions had it like the S3 and S4

Master

Hello dougmodena,

The S5 can talk and surf at the same time if you are on wi-fi. If you purchased the device within the last 30 days then you can return it to the point of sale to exchange it for a different phone and you would have to pay a restocking fee.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

earlier versions had multiple antennas for data..one for 3G and voice and the other for LTE...the newer tri band phones only have one antenna for both voice, 3G and LTE...this is where the current problem is coming in.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint-it has been 4 months...any fixes yet?? I can't believe my "upgrade" from the s3 made this crappier!

Master

tadelpmt

The spark devices have a single antenna, so surf and talk is not a capability for the device, unless you're on wi-fi. These devices were developed to function this way to provide the fastest speeds and best call quality possible and when services are used in tandem, it degrades the quality of each function. I would keep an eye on the community page for any new information.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm with you. I made the mistake of making the assumption an upgrade would be better.  Should have read up on it first. I LOVED my S3 which did do internet while talking and used my maps a lot with it as well as the fact I get jobs on my phone that I need to be able to take even if talking!!! I've only had it three days though so am seriously thinking of changing.

Message was edited by: Duane43   I actually made a point of asking about that before I bought the phone and was told "oh, yeah, you'll be able to use maps and internet while you talk."  Seriously??!

Journeyman

This same problem continues on the note 4. I waited months for this device to upgrade from the s3 and finally got the chance to purchase it on Friday gaving up my unlimited plan to do it. A day in I notice that I have lost a key feature of talk and surf. (Why would anyone get a phone for multitasking that you can only truly 'multitask' if you're on Wi-Fi with?) At the very least this needs to be stated up front. I ask Sprint about it and the line I get is, "No phone has the ability to talk and surf." I give 2 confirmed examples, the s3 and the note3, which I was using to talk and surf on at that very moment not on Wi-Fi and the tech said there are exceptions. (Obviously, I just told him that) I ask for other exceptions so I can pick a different device and am fed the same line that no device can do it and he has no idea of any others. The tech attempts to blame it on Samsung but I've called AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile and confirmed that talk and surf does work for the note 4 and every other android device on their networks. This has nothing to do with Samsung and everything to do with Sprint being slow to roll out its version of VoLTE (voice over lte). This should have been a no brainer as devices are switching to 3 band LTE.

I wouldn't really care quite as much if Sprint would own that fact, instead I get the run around from techs who obviously have no idea what they are talking about and try to blame the issue on the manufacturer. (Which makes it worse when it is confirmed otherwise)

This made me take a very hard look at other carriers and I have to say, T-Mobile pricing is looking pretty attractive and they were much more knowledgeable about the product they sell.

Common' Sprint, can we at least get a meaningful update about when VoLTE might show up and a little honesty up front regarding 'downgrades' when we go to 'upgrade'? I'm feeling like such a sucker for telling so many about the benefits of going Sprint when they failed so miserably where other carriers appear more than able to provide what should be basic information. Why are so many forced to 'discover' this on their own and then not told the truth about it?

Master

Duane43,

I do sincerely apologize that this device does not support simultaneous Voice & Data. However, were you able to take advantage of the 14 day return/exchange window for the new device? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I called our store tonight and was told very in a very snippy tone that she would try to look for other options for me but didn't know if she would get back to me before the 14 days and that maybe I just needed to bring it back for now. I need a phone and unfortunately we have three other phones on our plan. She was the store manager I was told to ask for as she would be in tonight.She told me that she didn't think this was a problem for most people and I said that didn't seem to follow what I'd been reading on line. So she said, well in her store she hadn't had any complaints. I just hope Sprint is working on this issue. I love the phone and it is very tempting to change carriers after hearing the S5 can talk and surf on them. Right now, one is advertising they will buy your contact for you.

Master

Duane43,

Again, I do apologize that this feature is not available on this device. However, I would highly recommend returning to the store for an exchange while you are still within the 14 days as it sounds like this is an important feature for you to have on a device.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.