cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

Journeyman

Re: S5 Has No Data While on Phone Call.....

What phone would you recommend through Sprint that would have that capability? I'm afraid to trust our store to know when the manager herself in her very snippy tone assured me I could still use maps and gps while talking with my S5. I've tried it..It's not true. I would really appreciate your help with this.

Master

Duane43,

Most non-Spark LTE devices support this, with the exception of iPhones. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

- Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is for the S5, but I assume it would work on the galaxy note 4 and all other devices with this issue. I wanted to let you know that there is a fairly easy work around for this limitation. It is supplied by Google Inc through the "Hangouts Dialer" app.  Please note that this is different from the "Hangouts" app.  It allows you to make calls via the data network and still use the network to browse the web, etc. I have tried it several times at home with WiFi off and it works flawlessly so far. I believe you may have to link the "Hangouts Dialer" app to your phone number or to Google Voice.  I don't recall doing this, but others that have seen my posts have stated that you have to in order to use the "Hangouts Dialer" app. It's sad that Sprint didn't find a way to bypass this limitation on their own, or at least inform customers, but this seems to be an easy and seamless solution by Google. I put the icon right next to my default phone icon for future use. Additionally, I can not believe that Sprint is not aware of this work around. I spoke to a few different representatives today, and none were able to offer a solution. I found this on my own searching the play store. Seems if the app can do it, Sprint should be able to allow the default dialer to do the same thing if there is no WiFi signal.  Hope this helps!!

Journeyman

Hi Duane,

I would recommend a phone with another provider. ugh. I'm so upset. I'm going to try and get out of my entire contract over this business. I think I'm going to be stuck!

I'm so-disappointed.

Master

​ - Bran
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just bought the s5 Saturday, so glad i saw this, i will be switching to Verizon today as they have the s5 for $1 at best buy and on amazon. Bye sprint just like your service, you are dead to me.

Journeyman

I would like to know why my data is disconnecting while I am on the phone call?
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.