cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 will not unlock from Sprint no matter what I do

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: S8 will not unlock from Sprint no matter what I do

Customer service will not even try again if you don't have a current account.  "It's unlocked and we can't do anymore" is what I got.  I would need to sign up for service in order to do anything, or get the former owner (?) to ask for it.  This is beyond stupid, and is clearly a fail.  Clearly also the sprint software does not get a signal back from the phone that reports a sucessful unlock. 

So if Mayorin knows the secret handshake, please share!

Journeyman

Thanks.  I am trying to get information from former owner, but unless he wants me to have his pin code I am not sure how much to bother him to get unlock requests done.  Since Sprint already has all the information, I'm not sure what the point is here.  I have the phone number (no longer associated with device) and name, and he made the original unlock request. 

Since Sprint thinks the device is unlocked (which it is not), why on earth would they need account information to try again to actually unlock the device?  Sprint didn't unlock it the first time, this is on them not me, and someone needs to have better cover stories for the phone support.  The "your device shows as unlocked" answer coupled with "there is nothing we can do from here" simply isn't true.  When pressed, they admit that they could do another request.  Getting different stories doesn't make me a happy consumer.

They would cheerfully unlock it for me if I gave them $110 (for two months of a new account) and waited 50 days AND went again through the dance of convincing them that it isn't unlocked.  If I charged them for my time in messing around with this they would already owe me money.  Companies can and do "non-negotiate" themselves into insolvency. 

Journeyman

I have the same problem with so plus and agents hVe told me many times it was unlocked when it w as sent my phone still isn't unlocked I've had it for a month now and SPENT HOURS ON THE PHONE AND EMAILING BACK AND FORTH WITH SPRINT!!! THE PHONE IS FULLY PAID OFF NEVER HAD UNLOCKS ON THE ACCOUNT I BOUGHT IT SECOND HAND FROM A GUY WHO GOT FED UP WITH THIS AND WONT HELP ME ANYMORE AND SPRINT WONT HELP ME EITHER SAYING THEY WONT UNLOCK IT WITHOUT THE GUYS SECURITY PASSCODE!!!!  COMPLETE  AND UTTERLY DISGUSTED WITH SPRINT!!!! AND THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT THIS PHONE IS BEFORE I BOUGHT IT SPRINT SAID NO PROBLEM ITS UNLOCKED!!!!

Journeyman

Yes.  I'm not sure what Sprint thinks this gets them.  This phone wasn't for me, but my son....so he will be telling his friends, who will tell their friends....and basically no one has then a good opinion of Sprint.  I still have an ancient CDMA flip phone, when it dies I'll be switching to the GSM phones because the only place I have poor CDMA coverage is our house.  I might have thought that in 20 years that would improve....but no.  Many things I can stand from a company, but outright lying isn't one of them.  I don't blame the service people, this is just the script they are given.  Since folks have had this problem fixed, it obviously can be done. 

Journeyman

Also funny, I took the survey after posting here, and after rating it "highly unlikely" that I would recommend Sprint I got the message "survey could not be submitted."

Journeyman

And more....lets say I have the original owner call again.  How will this go?  Sprint will tell him it is unlocked, that there is nothing more they can do and that I should call my provider to set up service.  Unless he literally stands on them to insist that it is NOT unlocked, they won't help anyway.  Customer service does not appear to understand that until the phone thinks it is unlocked it isn't unlocked.  Now I'm asking someone else to waste hours of their time.  They could have an actual customer service or tech support, I can send an image of the phone saying it is locked.  I actually met all of the listed items in the link, it does not say you need the account number of a former owner.  I might as well give them my old account number.  (They could also have looked up my name and found I had been a Sprint customer for 20+ years)

Sprint could also simply fix the problem for everyone, instead of us complaining here one at a time.  But to insist, untruthfully, that there is no problem is just sad.  

GrandMaster

thats because a code doesnt come back to Sprint saying its unlocked...or to any carrier for that matter when they send the unlock code..if the phone isnt turned on with the original sim card in it and connected to some type of data and or all of those are in place but there is a hiccup in the data while the code is being sent (can take a couple days to send out) then it will not receive it but on their side (all carriers) it will show as unlocked...how this works isnt exactly carrier specific.

@danikamom wrote:

Customer service will not even try again if you don't have a current account.  "It's unlocked and we can't do anymore" is what I got.  I would need to sign up for service in order to do anything, or get the former owner (?) to ask for it.  This is beyond stupid, and is clearly a fail.  Clearly also the sprint software does not get a signal back from the phone that reports a sucessful unlock. 

So if Mayorin knows the secret handshake, please share!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Good Day,

I am currently having the exact same issue described in this thread. Can someone please help me get my Note 8 unlock? It keeps saying contact Sprint to unlock the device but just like in this thread they are giving me the run around. The phone IMEI number says it will work on the other carrier

Journeyman

I paid over 370$ for an s8 active that won't take my son card sprint says they have no account information on it how do i get it unlocked for use.  my son's Xmas gift is turning into a nightmare

Tags (1)
GrandMaster

by having the previous owner contact Sprint to get it unlocked..you will also need a Sprint sim card if its not still in the phone to pull this off. and a wifi connection.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also stuck, can someone please send me a message and help me out. I can send my phones IMEI Number. So far I did restarting my device, resetting network settings, and trying to update the profile, PRL and the UICC, and it did not work, it took me to the 4 step page and then it still shows error, I also tried the ##727...#3 number and it did not work, it takes me to a page where it has sprint logo and asks for number and pin, I tried to enter both and it still does not work, it says incorrect credentials. I know my pin for sure and I have been using that same pin for verification purposes. Now, if sprint pushes new update from their side and I can go ahead and do it. I own S8 And paid off the lease like 2-3 months ago. I had 2 other s8 and they were updated to T-Mobil and its working fine. Its just this one is stuck.

Tags (1)
Journeyman

Hello! I have the same problem can someone help me? 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.