Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) Unlock - Request for Agent Help

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) Unlock - Request for Agent Help

Hi!

I recently read this post (SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks) regarding hints for unlocking smartphones with SIM card slots that used to be on the Sprint network.

I've been told by two different customer service agents that the phone is unlocked. However, when I attempt to update the PRL, Profile, or select the UICC Unlock the "Hands Free Activation" screen appears and "retries" up to 5 times but always fails and the phone's UICC Unlock status remains "... locked to Sprint SIMs only".

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) Unlock - Request for Agent Help

That's perfectly fine. I'm going to need to gather a smidge of info, so I sent you a PM. 

Please make sure the device is: 

* Turn on

* Plugged in

* Has the Sprint sim card in it

* Is connected to WiFi. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy with2as. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. It sounds like the unlock signal was sent, but not received by the phone. There are key steps that have to be complete on both the agents and the customers. 

Do you have the Sprint sim card still? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Cat_Sprint !

Yes, I do have the original SIM (from parents who previously owned) however it is no longer in service (to the best of my knowledge).

Thanks!

Highlighted
Wizard

That's perfectly fine. I'm going to need to gather a smidge of info, so I sent you a PM. 

Please make sure the device is: 

* Turn on

* Plugged in

* Has the Sprint sim card in it

* Is connected to WiFi. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having identical problems.  I'm trying to get my phone unlocked to use with a local country SIM card.  I'm in Italy and 3 days ago requested that an older, unactivated, S7 Edge be unlocked.  After about 6 hours over the last several days with Customer Service and International Technical Support, the system says my phone is unlocked but the device itself is not.  The local SIM card shows as an Invalid SIM.  I too get the repeated attempts to activate the phone (with the Sprint SIM) but it never succeeds.  I've tried a system reset and a ##72786# too.  I have tried it with and without a good Wi-Fi connection as well. Hoping you can help.

Highlighted

@travel247, let me clarify something. You're in need of an unlock, but currently not in the US? With the unlock request, the phone needs to have a data connection or WiFi, it needs to be powered on, and the Sprint SIM needs to be in the phone. The unlock usually takes 2-3 days. Did you receive any emails to state the unlock was initiated or completed?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint You are correct. Trying to unlock in-country.  Initiated the unlock request via chat 3 days ago.  Subsequent chats indicate unlock is complete but I have never received a confirming email.

Highlighted

Ok, let me check on the request. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.