cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Unlock - Sprint Says it's Unlocked but Attempting Doesn't Work

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Unlock - Sprint Says it's Unlocked but Attempting Doesn't Work

I used to have this Sprint device on the network when I closed service with the phone after initiating an unlock procedure with the device, and after closing the device the unlock feature did not work as intended, and any requests to unlock the device didn't work as listed anywhere on the Sprint webpages or information given on call. Every Sprint Agent I spoke to told me that the phone was in fact unlocked, but I had error messages on the phone in front of me as a guarantee that the phone was in fact, not unlocked.

After jumping through hoops and reactivating the device, the phone still is not unlocked after speaking to multiple tech support agents through a variety of platforms (customer support line, tech support line, twitter), and all support agents insist me the phone is unlocked.

As a guarantee, my phone

1. has the sprint SIM still in the device (is even active on the network again)

2. is powered on for more than 48 hours

3. is connected to wifi to receive the signal

I am now living overseas in the United Kingdom and stranded without workable data, and no, the global roaming is not workable by any means. This phone is paid off, and there is no outstanding balance.

Attempting to unlock the phone yields a "SIM Unlocking could not be completed. Please try again later." error message screenshot (imgur)

This error message shows even after updating the PRL and Data Profile.

All I want is a new unlock ticket to be made, so I can be done with this 3 month slog and for my phone to work with a SIM I can pick up here.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Unlock - Sprint Says it's Unlocked but Attempting Doesn't Work

I would like to check on the IMEI for you. I'm concerned about it being active on the network again. This would require it to be active for 50 days again. I'm going to send you a private message to get the IMEI.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Unlock - Sprint Says it's Unlocked but Attempting Doesn't Work

when you put in a sim card from someone else..does it give you a error message and if so what does it say?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Also, do you have the Sprint SIM.  That is required to receive the unlock code.  If so,  make sure the Sprint SIM is in the phone.  So... First, open the dial pad of the phone and enter ##72786#  It will ask for reset the system setting to factory Default select "YES" It will restart your phone. After the phone has restarted go to Settings > System Updates and click the following:

• Update PRL
  • Update Profile
  • UICC Unlock

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.