cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since I'm here . . . How about a PSA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since I'm here . . . How about a PSA

Since I'm waiting on my Helper, I figured I'd share a weird experience I had about two weeks ago.

I got a several calls from Sprint saying my phone has been locked down due to a security breech.

Now the number that came up was (888)211-4727 and my phone recognized it as Sprint calling. The funny thing was the call was choppy and poor quality. It asked for my pin or to wait for an customer service agent.

I didn't give my pin (mostly because I don't remember it) and chose the second option. After a minute it said it would call me back. The entire experience threw up red flags so I called Sprint.

Turned out my phone wasn't locked and my account was in good standing.

Some how, some way, someone cloned Sprints number and tried to steal my info.

I told customer service about the whole thing, she seemed confused by it but said she'd report it.

I haven't received another call like it since. But I think it's worth passing along.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Since I'm here . . . How about a PSA

Thanks for the heads up, Steve! I'll pass this along internally.

Also for everyone else, Sprint will NEVER reach out to you asking for account info.  If you get a similar call, please do exactly what Steve did and do not give them any information.  Hang up, and dial *2 from your Sprint device to speak to customer care.  They'll be able to see if there are any security alerts on your account, and be able to reset your PIN/Password if you feel that your information may have been compromised.  

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.