cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow LTE Speeds

Journeyman

Slow LTE Speeds

I'm on a Galaxy S8 and getting extremely slow LTE speeds. I have already been in to my Sprint store to exchange phones once over this issue. At times I will get semi-normal speeds (see the bottom result), but for the rest of the day, it's useless if I'm not on wifi. If I manually switch my radio to CDMA only, speeds improve, but if I'm paying for 4G and there's 4G in my area, I'd like to be able to use it. Please help me as I don't want to spend another entire afternoon at the Sprint store fixing this issue. 

141 REPLIES 141
Journeyman

Re: Slow LTE Speeds

I forgot to include an image of my speeds, but here's an exampleScreenshot_20170427-151506.png

GrandMaster

does it by chance start happening around the same times in the same location?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Mostly. I tried it this morning at about 6AM and was getting 10-12mbps down and around 5 mbps up. The bottom most speed test is at 6:23AM, and the one right about it was done at about 11.  The current speed at the top was my most recent test as of this posting (just a few minutes before).

Sprint Social Care

gregmhodges

We do understand how important having reliable data services is. How long has the issue been happening? Is the issue impacting anyone else in your household or around you? Does the issue happen in other locations?

Please send me the cross streets and ZIP where this is occurring the most, for us to check this area and make sure that there's no impairments. Also, after exchanging your device, have you tried an troubleshooting steps?

I'll be awaiting on your response, I'd love to assist you with this.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

From what the guy at the Sprint store told me, they had yet to have seen this issue. I tried the same troubleshooting steps that I took with my original phone. I will send you the cross streets right now. 

Edit: the issue originally cropped up on Tuesday, as far as I know. Most of the places I go have Wifi, but it's so bad it's impossible to even stream a song on the go. 

Sprint Social Care

gregmhodges

Thanks for staying in touch with us. I have replied to your Private Message, please reply back to me at your earliest convenience.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just got off the phone with a representative since there's obviously some delay between messages on here. Basically he had me run through the steps you did and had me refresh my SIM. After all of that I'm told that I will get "a call within 24 hours" from the technical department. I have a job and things to do. This is a bit ridiculous that no one is around to possibly help me, and that I can't get assistance at a time that is convenient for me. I'm a new customer to Sprint, and if this is how things are going to go, I don't know how long I will be staying. 

Journeyman

Just talked to a couple more reps. If anyone else is having the same issue, it's either a SIM or a tower issue in your area. Finally talked to a technical agent and he told me that there was tower maintenance underway in my area (something no one else to this point had told me) or that it was a SIM issue seeing as they never gave me a new SIM card when I swapped out my original phone. I'm going to swap my SIM tomorrow afternoon and will be going out of town on Saturday, so I will let you all know how this shakes out. The problem is that some reps can see some service information that others can't (another rep previously told me there was maintenance in my area but couldn't tell me to what extent or how it would effect my service). 

Overall, the phone support was next to useless, while the folks online have either tried their best or went above and beyond to help me.  Thanks to the reps I've talked to online, and hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow or Saturday.

Sprint Social Care

gregmhodges

I apologize for the delay in my response. I'm truly sorry for the impasse that this situation may be causing you!

We do know that having reliable data services is extremely important for you. I appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Just a FYI for everyone if your ever having slow speeds in a area and it seems to go back and forth. When you call in have the Sprint Rep get a trouble ticket put in for the area mainly due to most cases it is a Tower issue not always but many times. It could be due to weather or a upgrade in progress or other things as well but the Sprint Rep will have to put a ticket in to get the towers in that area looked at. Either way most cases that's all they can do but they should be able to let folks know if there are issues in that specific area..  Again this will Always vary from state to state city to city just depends what is going on in the area But All Carriers deal with this so it's just not a Sprint thing.. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So i too am having these slow lte speeds with my s8+. I went into a corporate sprint store with a cell tower booster and still only achieving 1-2 max mbps. Do i too need to replace my phone?...has there been a fix reported?. New phone. New sim. No outages as per sprint in my area.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.