cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So disappointed with Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

So disappointed with Sprint

If you are thinking of joining Sprint because  to save money, please read this before making your decision. I was lied to and it ended up costing me a lot of me of money.  When I became a Sprint customer over a year ago, I signed up for two lines.  The man on the phone told me that I could have two free phones and two extra lines. I told him thanks, but no thanks because two people don't need four phones or four lines. He told me it was good to have extras, in case a phone broke or got lost and that since it was free, I had nothing to lose by accepting them.  Fast forward to this month when I notice that I am now being charged for lines 3 and 4, despite having been told they were free.  I contacted Sprint and got the runaround and was told to contact their account services people when they were open.  I initiated a chat yesterday and the first thing I did was ask for the account services number.  Rather than give it to me, the Sprint representative said she was happy to help me. After 45 minutes of chatting, she was still unable to help me cancel the extra lines, saying the promotional period was over and I would have to pay for them and if I wasn't happy, I would have to call account services!  I called them last night (having wasted the 45 minutes on chat) and was told that my options were to pay off the phones (that were promised to me as FREE!) and disconnect the extra lines or keep the phones and start paying for the extra two lines (that were promised to me for FREE!).  Canceling the lines was the cheapest option overall, but Sprint wanted to charge me $144 for the remainder of the FREE phones. She agreed to cut that in half.  So not happy to have to pay $72 for something that was supposed to be FREE, had the Sprint representative not lied to me in the first place. Then today, I logged into my account, and even though I had paid last month's bill in full on time and the next installment wasn't due until 10/2, that I had an overdue balance of $113!  This is such B.S. I am so very disappointed in Sprint.  This is $113 more than I should be paying.  Think twice about switching to Sprint.  I will be switching to another carrier as soon as I can.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: So disappointed with Sprint

Just to clarify my original post, I was never told that I would have to start paying for the third and fourth phones and/or the third and fourth lines.  Had I known that, I never would have accepted them, since I never used them.  I was not informed they were on a promotional period that would expire, at which point I would have to start paying for either the phones or the lines.  I was totally deceived by Sprint and will never recommend them to any of my friends, family or business associates because of these fraudulent charges. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.