cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Billing me for Wrong Plan & Escalation Team Follow-Up Needed

Journeyman

Sprint Billing me for Wrong Plan & Escalation Team Follow-Up Needed

I've had a Sprint nightmare for 3 months now, which I've spent more than 40 hours on the phone trying to have fixed.  Escalations told me it was resolved 3+ weeks ago...but it's still not fixed and Telesales can't explain why and keeps telling me they're checking/working on it, despite Escalations telling them they needed to fix my plan.

I was a 15+ year AT&T customer and switched to Sprint in late November to take advantage of the BYOD/1 year free plan.  I was signed up via the telesales team, who insisted that I go to the store to pick up my chip because they were delayed in mailing them out.  I did as instructed & the store salesperson insisted on putting my chip in (despite me telling her I needed to do so with Telesales) and she told me that it made no difference whether she or I did it and that my plan would stay the same.  Fast forward two weeks later (mid December) and I got a text telling me that I owed $80...but I was enrolled in 1 year free, so I called immediately.  I was told a request was submitted (in December) to have this fixed & my account credited.  I was told this would be done within 10 business days.  Now, inexplicably, it keeps not being done.  Each time I call, they say they're submitting a new request.  They can't/won't tell me what the delay is.  I have to call several times a week, every week, as the pay date needs to be pushed out each time and they won't push it further out than 5 days and Telesales keeps telling them (wrongly) they'll have it fixed by then. 

Help please!  I would like a call back from Escalations, as they told Telesales to fix it and we were both assured while Telesales was on the line with us that it would be fixed in 10 business days...that was January 26th (probably the 4th time I was told it was being fixed/a request for credit & plan switch was made). 

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint Billing me for Wrong Plan & Escalation Team Follow-Up Needed

I'd be happy to take a look at this for you and see what's going on. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes, please!  Can you send me a PM or call me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I still don't have an update/resolution on the three months I was billed for the wrong plan.  Within a couple of weeks, I immediately notified Sprint that I was on the wrong plan & requested that you correct it to what I agreed to/signed up for via telephone.  My phone service will get shut off (again--this has happened three times now) if the credit isn't applied and/or the payment date pushed out as you continue to process the credit.  I was first told a credit was requested back in December...and I've been told several more times that credit requests have been made.  Last Friday, I spent five hours on the phone to get a 5 day extension while you continued to work on correcting my plan.  Please help ASAP today!

Tags (3)
Journeyman

I was told the credit request wouldn't be completed until the plan was corrected.  That's done now, so please stop by headache and don't tell me I need to call again.  Last Friday when I had to call on this, I spent 5 hours on the phone! 

Journeyman

Hi,

I received a text telling me my plan was corrected, but I'm concerned I was (again!) put on the wrong plan.  It's supposed to be the BYOD--1 year free unlimited text, talk and data.  Not just discounted, but FREE for one year.  Here's a link to the plan I agreed to be signed up for & want to confirm I am on:

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?clickref=1101l629S3x3&ECID=AFFSmiley TongueH:slickdeals...

Journeyman

Sorry to be a pest, but my issue still hasn't been resolved and I never received a call back from escalations as promised at the start of this week. 

The credits were not all applied in time to my account yesterday, so I was stuck paying a bill for $107 this morning, most of which I don't owe since I am supposed to have BYOD/1 year FREE, to avoid my telephone being shut off for nonpayment (I have a relative in the hospital and absolutely cannot be without phone service).  Can someone please provide an update and get the credits/refund done today so I can move on and not waste more hours of my time on this? 

In addition to the charges for the wrong plan, late payment charges were also applied due to this taking three months for Sprint to fix my plan/apply credits and I was also charged for Sprint Complete, which I specifically declined & which was apparently added when whoever switched my plan without my knowledge/permission.  I'd like a refund ASAP on those charges too.  Thank you.

Let me speak with my supervisor about this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

We are working on having all those adjustments applied to your account. Those will reflect as soon as possible. We will let you know when they are there.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.