cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Scam

Journeyman

Sprint Scam

I would like to share with you what has happened to me over the past five days:

Last Thursday I received a call from what my caller ID said was sprint. The number in caller ID was 888-211-4727. When I answered, a recorded message stated that there has been unauthorized access to my account and to press 1 to reactivate it or press 2 to speak to an agent. I pressed 2 and was disconnected. I called sprint back and they said they had no record of anyone calling me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor stated it must have been a sales call asking me to add another line. I stated that I did not appreciate being told I had unauthorized access to my account while I am in work. She apologized and said it wouldn't happen again.

Today, it happened again. This time when I pressed 2, I was connected to someone. I refused to provide any information, and when I asked to speak to a manager, he mumbled something and when I asked him to clarify, he asked me if I was hard of hearing. Surprised, I said, "excuse me?" To which he responded, "Maybe you need to clean the gunk out of your ears." I disconnected the call.

I called sprint back again and spoke to Jona who informed me that this was her 4th call today about this very issue. She said she would transfer me to a manager, but I was disconnected. I called back again and spoke to Lester. He said he was going to transfer me, but I was disconnected again. Immediately I received a call from Amanda, who stated she was a supervisor.

Amanda did not listen to me. She did empathize, but kept talking about how solicitations can be frustrating and that she will make sure it doesn't happen again. When I put my foot down and told her she wasn't hearing me and explained to her the issue of account security, she responded, "well that's alarming". To which I responded, "yes, I am alarmed! Please help me!"

She put me on hold but when she came back, Amanda didn't do anything, she just apologized over and over again. I no longer feel that Sprint cares about my account security and on several websites, this very issue with the very scam is being talked about.

So I decided to try the Facebook page and instant message someone:

I was speaking to Crystal E, who read my complaint and then said they have no record of me even calling in. I told her that was impossible and sent her screenshots of the calls I have made and received today. She then transferred the chat, without notifying me, to someone named Aliyah C. Aliyah C took a long time reading my issue, and that's fine. She came back and stated she wanted to call me. I said yes. Unfortunately, all she did was tell me to contact the FCC.

I did contact them and filled out a complaint. But it is the federal government so it is what it is.

My issue is still outstanding, I have received no help from Sprint, I wasted hours of time, and I feel more insecure with my information at Sprint than I ever have! I have times for all of these calls if they are needed, but I would appreciate it if someone would do something about it. I don't care what is done about it, but SOMEONE please do SOMETHING! Thank you for reading!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sprint Scam

I understand that this can be a scary thing. We do take this stuff seriously, and you are more than welcome to send me a PM. I can look into this for you. 

At this time I would change your security PIN and Sprint website password, just to be on the safe side. That will ensure that they are updated, and no one has access to anything. 

Journeyman

I already changed all of my information. Thanks!

Good. This happened to my husband yesterday as well. I had him change all his info. 

Sounds like our number did get spoofed, and that is good you didn't give any info. We are aware this is happening. If you want us to look into this further we can, just send me a PM. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.