cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Won't Credit a Line Charge We Didn't Even Know About

Journeyman

Sprint Won't Credit a Line Charge We Didn't Even Know About

Recently my wife and I upgraded our phones at our local Sprint store (which happens to be located in the company headquarters campus here in Overland Park, Ks) and were informed that we'd earned a "free" Apple IPad. We didn't really want it, but our clerk insisted it was free, so we took it home. Our plans were to give it to somebody.

When we got our first bill, we realized the "free" IPad had also included a new phone line, for which we were charged $28, and this line charge was now contracted for 24 months. We were never told about a new phone line charge. Since we are long time customers, and our account includes 5 phone lines, I didn't think it would be problem getting the line dropped, the Ipad returned, and incurred charges credited. Was I wrong!

Called customer service, who sent us back to the store, where we were told they couldn't do anything for us because it was past 30 days. So called customer service again and was told they could cancel the line, but could not take back the Ipad or issue a credit for incurred charges. Told us to go back to the store, where we were told, in so many words: too bad, so sad. They did say we should be getting info on how to mail back the Ipad, though of course I haven't seen anything and don't expect to..

What I have learned by all this is that nobody at Sprint really seems to care anymore. It astounds me that they apparently would choose to lose a longterm customer, paying on 5 lines a month, over a silly Ipad we never wanted. What a mess this company has become! And what a shame.

-Tim and Val

Overland Park, KS 66207

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sprint Won't Credit a Line Charge We Didn't Even Know About

Hi Tim and Val! Can you send us a Private Message? I'd like to get some more info on this and see if there's anything we can do for you. 

Sure. How do I send you a private message?

if you click on my username to the left, it takes you to my profile and you're able to select "send message" that'll send a private one to me!

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.