cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Sprint 6mo ago for $100 perline promotion, got run around for 6 mo now saying can't have

Journeyman

Switched to Sprint 6mo ago for $100 perline promotion, got run around for 6 mo now saying can't have

My family switched over from Verizon in January in part because we were told Sprint had better customer service and because of the promotion of $100 in pokecoins PER LINE when you joined. 

For SIX MONTHS my husband and I called every 30 days to try and get our coins and we received text messages saying they would arrive within 30 days. They never did. We still have these text messages that say "within 30 days you'll get the coins" but no follow up text with the actual coins.

We switched over 3 lines.

Customer Service is now saying that the promotion has ended and is instead offering us a $25 credit towards our bill. This is ridiculous. A $25 bill credit in lieu of $300 worth of promotional coins for my family? That is completely unacceptable.

How do I file a formal complaint? Customer Service is not being helpful about this at all. They will not let us speak to a manager. I want to file a formal complaint about this because if this is standard practice to lure in customers with a large promotion and then to push it back over and over until said promotion is over with, that is completely unethical and unacceptable.

Does anyone know how I can file a formal complaint? 

3 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Switched to Sprint 6mo ago for $100 perline promotion, got run around for 6 mo now saying can...

You've come to the right place! I can understand why you would be frustrated. Let me gather some info:

**Did you go to the store when you switched to Sprint?

**When were you told the pokecoins would be sent to you?

**Did you ever receive a text message saying, "Sprint: Thanks for being a customer! Your code for $100 in PokéCoins FREE is xxx. Must redeem by 2/28/18. Instructions: HERE Data rates apply FreeMsg"?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Re: Switched to Sprint 6mo ago for $100 perline promotion, got run around for 6 mo now saying can...

**Yes, we went in store and there was a large sign hanging in the window stating the promotion.

**We were told they would be sent within 30 days of signing, we called when we hadn't received a confirmation text after 30 days, and after talking to customer service received a text message that said "SprintFreeMsg: Thanks for being a customer! We're processing the FREE $100 PokeCoins. Text sent within 30 days to confirm. This Sprint phone must remain active." 

After 30 days we never received a second text with a code, so we called back again.

Again we received a text that said the above message, but no second text message with code came.

We called back each month and were assured we would be receiving the coins.

This happened over and over until we called again last night and were told that the promotion had ended and we would not be receiving the coins. 

**We never received a second text message with a code for the coins. 

Sprint Social Care

I would like to dive a little deeper into this, I cannot make any promises but I'm willing to see what can be done. I'm going to private message you so I can take a look at your account.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.