cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to have both my iPhone 8 Plus unlocked

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trying to have both my iPhone 8 Plus unlocked

Hello. Paid off both of my phones and submitted an unlock. I was told it was unlocked but that was false. Hoping to avoid the 2 weeks it took last time I paid off a phone. Can anyone help me out

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hi there. I'd be glad to take a look at this for you but I'll need to get some info from you via Private Message so that we can review your account. Keep an eye out for a PM from me shortly. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi. They are giving me the run around now. They unlocked international I wanted domestic. I need this done today
Highlighted

We aren't giving you the run around. Your devices are currently unlocked fully. Both international and domestic. Your phones are still active with Sprint, so if you are trying to use another SIM it will register that the device is with Sprint still. 

Highlighted

Just tried again. After a backup, wipe and restoreEBDC030C-E2D2-4F79-9A6C-BDDA71FB30A6.png

Highlighted

That means that the phone itself is registered as ACTIVE on Sprint. If you are wishing to use the phone with another carrier, you would need to deactivate this phone from the account. 

Our phones are not programmed like the other carriers. You can't swap out SIMs, you have to deactivate the phone from the account, and then swap the SIMs. 

Highlighted

I find this hard to believe. Considering my wife’s phone which is on my same plan and active on sprint as we speak was able to accept a different SIM card. 

Highlighted

We can try and see if sending another signal through will help. I do already see that you are being helped on Twitter this morning, and they were able to put that case through. Just make sure to leave the Sprint SIM inserted and powered on. It should be worked with 3 - 5 business days. You should get a email that states it will be unlocked. 

Highlighted

I just called in and they verified it was only internationally unlocked. Beyond frustrated at this point

Highlighted

They have a case in for domestic and international unlock. I don't want to create a ticket, and then it re-locks. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.