cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Journeyman

Re: UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Hello @Palfam16 . I totally understand your frustration. Let me take a look into this matter, please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Journeyman

No,

they are trained to say the same words all the time

”72 hours”

”ill be in touch in 2 days”

”the device appear unlocked to us”

”i will open a case”

”i will try again, wait for my contact”

GrandMaster

and this is usually a problem when people dont

-have the phone turned on

-have the Sprint sim card still in it

-if its already been removed from an active line then there is no data signal..which is needed in order to receive the unlock code..so it would need to be connected to wifi.

^^ these are the reasons why it will show as unlocked on Sprints side but not actually unlocked on the devices side..all of the above must be done and left that way until the signal actually gets pushed to the device and its confirmed unlocked.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Can anybody please help!

Bought 2 S7 Edge from Sam's Club. Got them activated together. Used them, Paid in Full. Requested Unlock. Got the below messages from Sprint:

Phone 1 # "has been successfully unlocked." - Works with other Carrier
Phone 2 # "should be unlocked within 48 hours." - Not Unlocked Yet. Any other SIM, 'Invalid SIM'

Both Lines now disconnected.

Can't use phone 2. Please help. Called & Chatted with Sprint, they say based on IMEI, it is Fully Unlocked.

Can anybody please help!

Hello abhisekbhowmik, I'd like to review this. I have received and replied to your Private Message, feel free to reply when you have a chance.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Can someone from Sprint Social Care send me a PM about helping me unlock a sprint device?

Hello sprinty007, sure! I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply when you have a chance.

*Keep in mind that in order to unlock a device from Sprint's network, there are some criteria it has to meet:
•The device is Domestic SIM Unlock capable
•The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
•Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.
•The associated account is in good standing
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For more information about our unlock policy, visit: www.Sprint.com/unlock .

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I bought a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge a couple of weeks ago from the original owner who had it with Sprint and it was fully paid for.  I've called 888-211-4727 and requested to have device's UICC unlocked.  I provided all the needed information, IMEI, account owner's name, address, etc... but the rep insisted that the original owner had to call in for her to assist. 

The original owner contacted Sprint at the above toll free number last week and he was given a 6 digit unlock code by Sprint which he provided to me and said the phone is now unlocked. 

Well, it's not unlocked because it still says that the UICC can only be used with the current provider.  Also, I put in an AT&T active SIM and it says 'Invalid SIM'.  Can someone help me get this device UICC unlocked?  I've heard horror stories about getting a paid phone unlocked by Sprint and I hope I don't have to get into that situation.  Thanks

Wizard

Hey @garfieldltd.

Let us take a closer look at your case, and help you address it. Check your inbox, I'm sending you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well, I've been working with 3 reps from social care and so far no luck to get my device DSU.  I don't think I can blame the reps. 

There has to be a better way for this.  For instance, Sprint can set up an option in the account website to allow the account owner to select the option to unlock for Domestic SIM.  This option will list all the requirements to qualify for the DSU.  Once selected, the program will verify that the requirements are met then release the lock.  Done!

Or, Sprint can provide proper training to their customer care team to handle this DSU request.  Today, most customer care reps don't have any idea what domestic sim unlock means and what the customer has to do on their end to get their device unlocked.  I am talking about requirements on the device side, like:

- The phone must be left powered on

- The original SIM card is inserted

- If it is inactive, then the device must be on wifi

- If it is active with another Sprint MVNO, then it must be.... etc..

- How the device owner can verify that it has been unlocked (Settings-> System Updates -> UICC Unlock)

- etc...

Telling the customer the wrong information is a disservice to Sprint clients and will leave a sour taste in their mouth as they feel they are being given a runaround.  They will, in turn, tell their friends and relatives to avoid giving Sprint a chance on any future business.

I hope that Sprint management will read these suggestions to improve their customer retention and satisfaction.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue that most of these posts are having. I requested a UICC unlock after the device was inactive, 48 hours laters recieved the confirmation that the device had been unlocked, but device is still indicating that it is locked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good luck with that.  I've worked with a number of members from the Sprint care team as well as the executive team for more than 2 months and my device is still locked.  I followed all the instructions they provided but it still does not work.  

Sprint should have made this process automatic once the device owner have met their account obligation, e.g. device paid off, no delinquency, etc.., then their device is automatically unlocked and an email with instructions for them to verify.  The more they try to lock their customers in, the more they will flee from Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.