cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Extremely frustrated with Sprint, My device has been paid off and eligible for unlocking. I have called 4 times already and chatted with several representatives and they all say the phone is unlocked, which it is not. I have taken it to another carrier and they said it is still unlocked, I have tried a couple other working sim cards as well from other carriers. I have received messages saying invalid sim. Also, when i go to UICC Unlock it states "your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only." Once clicked on it says Error the profile update could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service. Error:Internal Error(407). A few times i also seen the message ...Power off your device, insert the service provider UICC that came with device, then power on the device. Ai ai ai . So frustrated and confused, Could someone please help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Journeyman

We changed carriers AWAY FROM SPRINT about a week ago.  After fighting for a week to get our FULLY PAID phones unlocked, we finally were able to move to another carrier.  Everything was fine for 3 days with the new carrier.  Now my husband's S7 has re-locked to sprint sims only.  He is unable to use his phone.  Sprint swears it's unlocked.  The new carrier swears it's locked.  The UICC unlock area says it's locked to Sprint Sims only.  We have 2 Galaxy S7s and this only happened to one of them.  Can anyone help?  

Journeyman

@drewnel21 wrote:

Hello,

It's unfortunate that Sprint has yet another story of failed unlocking for their devices but here is another:

Leased a Samsung Galaxy S7 from Sprint, which I have fully paid off and have since ended service with Sprint. Here's the problem the device is not unlocked, as I can't use another active SIM from another carrier and put it in the phone. All I get is invalid SIM.

What I haven't mentioned yet is that I actually leased two Galaxy S7's from Sprint and paid them off, one is actually unlocked through Sprint and through the UICC function which unlocks the SIm slot to be usable with other than Sprint sim cards. The other is still locked.......... I should mention these phones are inactive and have not been on the network since August 2017.

I have called Sprint "Customer Service" 3 separate times to get my second device unlocked and all they keep saying is the device is unlocked. Apparently not one person at Sprint customer service understands the role of the UICC Unlock to truly unlock the phone. I've spent hours talking to "Customer Service" and even been hung up on. Sprint, I paid you cash for $1500 dollars worth of phones and I can't use one of them on my new carrier because of gross incompetence by your employees. 

Hoping for some help here but not holding my breath. If not I would honestly never recommend Sprint to anyone.. ever.

You and me both!!! We changed carriers AWAY FROM SPRINT about a week ago.  After fighting for a week to get our FULLY PAID phones unlocked, we finally were able to move to another carrier.  Everything was fine for 3 days with the new carrier.  Now my husband's S7 has re-locked to sprint sims only.  He is unable to use his phone.  Sprint swears it's unlocked.  The new carrier swears it's locked.  The UICC unlock area says it's locked to Sprint Sims only.  We have 2 Galaxy S7s and this only happened to one of them.  Can anyone help?  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Unlocks can be a smidge tricky. Here's a handy dandy link regarding unlocking phones. For anyone who has never went through the process of unlocking a phone.  SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

I hear you debbykid. I'll be more than happy to submit a new unlock ticket. I sent you a PM to gather the needed info.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I have not received a message other than a link to an explanation of unlocking.  I am WELL AWARE of the procedures.  The challenge is that it re-locked after working on the new carrier for THREE DAYS.  We have no idea what happened.  It was not on wi-fi when it re-locked to the best of our knowledge. A Sprint sim was NOT in the phone when it re-locked.  Sprint has said they unlocked it.  Right now I have a $700 brick we bought from Sprint, have paid in full, and were moving to another carrier.  I would appreciate someone contacting me directly.  I have spent MANY HOURS on the phone with technical support, escalation teams, account services, etc at Sprint.  While most have been polite, and have tried to be helpful, there has been no resolution to this matter.  I either need a replacement phone or it needs to be unlocked so we can use it on the new carrier.

Wizard

I hear you. I'm not sure why you didn't get the private message that was sent, but I will send that again. I'm here to help and I'll see ya there.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Thank you.  It has now arrived and I responded.

Wizard

I answered. See ya there!

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I believe I'm having the same problem. I paid off my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 and had Sprint unlock it. I had to wait 2 days for it to take affect but it worked.  The phone said it was unlocked inside the setting under Updates. I then switched to another carrier and everything was fine for about 1 month.

Then today I stopped receiving phone calls and when people tried calling me, it would ring on their side then go to a busy signal instead of voicemail.  Not knowing what else to do, I restarted the phone. When it came back on, it gave me an "Invalid Sim Card" message. When I went to the settings, it now under UICC Unlock it states "your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only."  When I click that, it initializes some sort of update then comes back with "Error the PRL updated could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service. Error: Internal Error(407)"

I called Sprint and they told me that the phone still shows unlocked on their side. We verified the IMEI and everything shows to the Sprint support person that it is unlocked even though the phone says it is locked. They told me to reset the phone, which I tried and its still showing as locked. So now I have a $700 phone that should be unlocked but isn't and can't be used anywhere except Sprint, whom I don't want to be with. I believe it was intentionally done by Sprint as a way of getting back at me for leaving them after 17 years. I'm not being paranoid about this as this thread clearly shows it has happened to others and the rep at the new carrier said this is common practice with Sprint. I hope not because it is my understanding that I have the legal right to have my phone unlocked so I can switch carriers and Sprint is now breaking the law.

Journeyman

I am basically having the same problem with my Sprint account.  I have been battling a lost cause for almost two years, thank god our contract is about to be over, we have been to the Sprint store 17 times and I'm not talking about in and out no I'm talking about 2 to  4 hours each time and that's not counting on the phone.  Anyway they got $799.99 out of us for a Galaxy s7 edge that was supposed to be free.

Anyway can you please let me know if I unlock my SIM card do I have to get a new one from another company or can I stay with them until I can get a new one. IDK

Journeyman

I wasted 1.5 hours on phone today with your shoddy support only to be told "Sprints policy is now not to do a UICC unlock unless the phone has been active for 50 days." I own my phone and legally you must unlock it. Now.

GrandMaster

how long ago did you fully pay it off?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.