cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Journeyman

UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Hello,

It's unfortunate that Sprint has yet another story of failed unlocking for their devices but here is another:

Leased a Samsung Galaxy S7 from Sprint, which I have fully paid off and have since ended service with Sprint. Here's the problem the device is not unlocked, as I can't use another active SIM from another carrier and put it in the phone. All I get is invalid SIM.

What I haven't mentioned yet is that I actually leased two Galaxy S7's from Sprint and paid them off, one is actually unlocked through Sprint and through the UICC function which unlocks the SIm slot to be usable with other than Sprint sim cards. The other is still locked.......... I should mention these phones are inactive and have not been on the network since August 2017.

I have called Sprint "Customer Service" 3 separate times to get my second device unlocked and all they keep saying is the device is unlocked. Apparently not one person at Sprint customer service understands the role of the UICC Unlock to truly unlock the phone. I've spent hours talking to "Customer Service" and even been hung up on. Sprint, I paid you cash for $1500 dollars worth of phones and I can't use one of them on my new carrier because of gross incompetence by your employees. 

Hoping for some help here but not holding my breath. If not I would honestly never recommend Sprint to anyone.. ever.

172 REPLIES 172
Sprint Social Care

Re: UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

drewnel21, I get what you’re saying and I'll check on that for you. Please reply to the Private Message I just sent you.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue with Sprint right now. Except the basically told me to go to hell.  Not what they said but that was i think the idea. Not there problem and its unlocked. I have had 17 years with them though.

Sprint Social Care

Hello Chada00! Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi. I also have a problem with UICC unlock. Can you help me too?

Sprint Social Care

Hello vadym37. Thanks for reaching out. It is important to remember that before a device can be Unlocked, it must first be eligible. The way we check if the device is eligible, is by accessing the account. After the account is authenticated and reviewed,a ticket is created to unlock the device. This may take 24-48 hours to be resolved. For more information please visit: http://sprint.co/1P2a4T2 If you feel your device is eligible to be unlocked and are able to authenticate the account, please reply to the private message we sent you.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am in the same situation. My S7 edge was inactive when I initially requested an unlock a few months back. Due to this it never communicated with the Sprint servers. Another thread said to activate it and then have them re-push the unlock. Tried that today. The system reports that the phone is unlocked and the first rep just kept saying it is unlocked. After that call for disconnected, I tried again a few hours later and the rep wrote a ticket noting that the Sprint system contradicts what the phone says (still reports that it is UICC locked). Then said to wait a few hours. I have little faith this will work. Is it possible to confirm that the unlock request was resent to my device?

Journeyman

They definitely can.   Call them again request whoever you need to talk to that can unlock your uicc on your phone with u on the phone. I finally got it through account services and the guy did it with me on the phone and it took 5 minutes and done. I had 4 tickets. They don't do anything and keep telling u it was completed and it's your phone. This took me a week to get fixed and it took one guy to just do it with me on the phone.  I explained I needed to get my uicc to unlock and read the message that it specifically tells me to call them for assistance.  They don't want it unlocked cause you may want to go to another carrier. 

Sprint Social Care

Hey BobTheLoveGoat, the device must be within Sprint network to be successfully unlocked. Inactive devices can be unlocked too after certain steps keeping the phone on, and it can take up from 6 hours to 2 business days for a device to receive unlock signal. We advise you to wait and try the other carrier SIM once this time has passed.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Bobthegoat 

If I understood u correct u activated on Sprint already again to try get this unlocked. If u have a Sprint SIM in the phone go to settings and then system updates then press the uicc unlock.  If it gives an error and doesn't say that it is unlocked they haven't unlocked it. It will give an error and tell you to contact your service provider.  Again them saying 6 hours to 2 business days is a lie.  Call them again. They can do this right away.  

Journeyman

The phone is active once again. I activated it this morning. About six hours later it still reports it is UICC locked.
Journeyman

Third call was a bust and that rep just kept saying all we do in this department is send requests and it could take up to 24 hours. No way to transfer to the back room and there was no way to resend the unlock signal to the phone from her terminal. I asked to have a manager call me, but I have little faith that will happen. @Chada00 what number did you call? I was told to call 1-888-211-4727.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.